A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash Lite Player 1.1

Hybrid View

Flash Lite Player 1.1

I understand from Macromedia the only way to get the flash lite player on your mobile phone is to get it from your phonecompany. My phonecompany (T-mobile the Netherlands) does not provide such a service yet. Macromedia's SDK doesn't even include the player. I'd like to be able to install the player by way of a bluetooth connection with my computer. Any ideas if this this possible? If not, why not?

I think the only operators that offers FlashLite are T-Mobile in UK and Germany and NTT Docomo in Japan. So if you are in any other part of the world, the player cannot be made available to you.

It is true that the CDK also does not have the player for distribution. I guess we will have to just wait and watch for Macromedia's further announcements. Uptil then, just as all the other developers are doing it, the development and testing of all your applications will have to be carried out on the computer only.

Regards,
    Mariam Dholkawala
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

Not that this addresses the original question, but I thought I mentio that KDDI Japan is also supposed to release a set of BREW phones with built in FlashLite 1.1 in September.

There is CDK for this specific family of devices.