A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] Flash Footer

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar

Red face

Flash footers have returned!! As well as the ability to embed Flash movies into the board! Its easy to use, the format is...

[*swf width="300" height="40" background="#FFDDBB"]http://flashkit.com/graphics/banners/footer.swf[/swf*]

Remove the *'s!!

You will need to put the source flash file on a server somewhere, and then voila!

You can include this in the footer options of your profile to set up a flash footer, please be mindful, make your footers maximum size of 300x40 and no bigger then 15k! No AUDIO!!

Mark
    [Edited by Flashkit on 10-16-2000 at 08:01 PM]

You can put your footer on one of the many free web hosts out there! You can also edit your profile to include the swf tag in your footer so that the footer will be there every time you post!

Get Squared Away.
    The guidlines for the footer competition have changed since I last entered. When I submitted my entry, the requirements were 360x60 and no bigger than 20k. Mine meets those requirements, but not the new 300x40 and less than 15k. Does this disqualify me? Is it okay if I just leave mine the way it is?

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Someone moved the goalposts, again

It started as 400x60, and it seems it has changed, and it keeps getting smaller. I made mine 400x40, are the size specs for the competition or for use on the boards? i have noticed that the pages on the competition do take a while to open, so if that is the reason - no problems!

I can change mine, but before I do please let me know what the position is.

SWiSH Forum
    FlaX FX Forum

Flash kit guidelines

Please note that the flash kit guidelines say 360x40 in the text for inserting and then 300x40 below that!

Er which is it;-)

Yeah I did change it, the smaller the better as it makes more room available for reading messages, but still leaves enough for your creativity!!

Your footer looks like the perfect size now!!
    as long as its 40 pixels high max I am happy!

:im:

the best will be mine

because i am going to put my whole site in that footer under 15K, that'll be a nice challenge(and of course a link to a bigger site)
    AH-now everyone wants to have one of these. i look forward to seeing everybody's footers, that'll be fun.

Senior Moderator
    No ::im:: we dont want your whole site on every one of our pages thanks!!just a link will do niceley!!

:im:

a minisite of course, it's all minimized to not take your attention, but you just click a button and pop! there's the site. i'm afraid no animations because of the filesize requirements. but it'll be cool, i promise.

Make a cool one, and Ill put it up in the movies section! (If you give me the fla)

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

I am so glad that the flash community is a place where ther is respect for all. I know that sounds, sappy but it is pretty cool. nymyth, Mark F asked me to start a dictionary of Flash terms, are there any that you think would be good? Steve

FK Bored Crew

Flash terms

Flashicide: What you do after working on a basic preloader for 5 friggin' days and it STILL doesn't work!

Flashaholic: When your wife/girlfriend invites you out to dinner, she'll pay, and you reply "Sure honey, lemme just finish these tell-targets"

Flashdance: What you do when your flashed site gets good reviews

Hot Flash: Syndrome unique to female flashers as they get older and more experienced.

Flashback: what happens when you remember how you made that friggin' preloader work 6 months ago.

Flashflood: ::im::'s postings (j/k)

Flashforward: When you realize that the symbol you need to edit is 500 frames further down the timeline.

Hope this helps

-fishee

?

But,but,but....I like my signiture. It just wouldn't be the same without the sound.....it's only about 30k anyways. Pleeeeeeeeease don't make me kill it off.

Cool oh well

looks like im out of the running... mine is more than 40 high..... damn.......

Bin Laden And Co.

yehaaa

SICK!!!!
    Thanks man..
    [swf width="360" height="140" background="#000000"]http://smartbastard.virtualave.net/flashkit.swf[/swf]

FK Bored Crew

ThE_MaSTeR!

Dude, is that YOUR 103k footer? Man, I couldn't care less about the physical dimensions of the footer, but have mercy on those of us still using lame 33.6k modems, keep the filesize down to 15k or under

-fishee

lets try mine... a simple and quick one...

@#$%$%! Cant seem to get the darned thing to work!! one more try then...

Yes! it worked!! at last...

PLease limit your footers to 300x40 and NO BIGGER then 20 k, otherwise I will remove them, help keep this board fast and fun by following this request.