A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sprite or animation help

Sprite or animation help

I'm so totally NOT a Swish designer, but have a new site that I really need to add some additional glitz to my header. My site is BargainHost.us. I have created a two movie header (the links which I'll also be changing are not a problem...this I can play with) but I want to add some sophistication to it like I've seen on other hosting sites or on some of the templates on monstertemplate.com without the long wait time--it should load as quickly no more than 60 to 90 seconds max.

I want the slots on the cpus to flash intermittently with a green or gray color and haven't a clue even where to begin. I know it has something to do with a sprite as when the movie "ends" I only want the "flashing" to continue. If this can be explained easily, I'd appreciate the help. If not could someone please direct me to a board where I might request a quote to revise the banner. Thanks.

Hi Ladylogic, If you'll post your swi, I'll take a look at it.
    I want the slots on the cpus to flash intermittently with a green or gray color and haven't a clue even where to begin.
    Are you talking about simulating the LED lights that flash on the front of your computer case when the hard drive is working ? Let me know, and when you post the swi, I'll see what I can do.

I'm not sure if you are using Swish 2 or SwishMax. Here is some SwishMax code (made in the latest beta version) that will produce random flashes. The swf file is here

Cheers,

Flick
    Attached Files Attached Files

To answer the first question by Bob: I couldn't find a decent picture of a server so I used two images of CPUs; and I want to simulate a working server. I've seen these done with just one flashing light and/or light that travels down the entire tower. Anyway, here is the SWI.

And, yes I am using Swishmax.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like Flick has the answer for your flashing lights, good one...

here is a generic pic from somewhere (?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the help. Guess I'm going to stay with what I have until I have enough money to buy one of those fancy flash templates at monstertemplate modified. Thanks anyway.