A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: anoying isnt it

anoying isnt it

yo dudes im totally chesed off cos i just finished my new game which should work perfectly, and it does in 3dfa but as soon as i export it evverything goes rong is there a reason for this? iv heard some commands in 3dfa need to be replaced?
    FINALLY FLASH HAS A GOD

Quoting your sig.
    FINALLY FLASH HAS A GOD
    A creation does not come before GOD. GOD has no begining or end and it has to be created by GOD first.

well friend we are not GODS...and also we we are not a PSYCHICKS so we cant know what went wrong without any details
    ok....what ?

well it isnt anything in peticular i want i just want to know what codes dont work when you export em like the and (&&), or(||) and the random commands dont seem to work very well wen u export them and iv had a few times when 3dfa will play my games but they dont work when i export em

p.s.whatever you sed was wasted flashpulse cos i didnt understand a word u wer saying, but u sound religios or somthing so i wont ask u to explain it
    FINALLY FLASH HAS A GOD

LOL

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    Out of interest:

When you export, do you find that the 'random' command always produces the same 'random' number every time you play the same movie?

I always multiply any random numbers by some multiple of the current system time first, to make it a bit more random.

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    PS - I agree that it's infuriating that some things work in 3DFA but not in the swf file.

It seems that sometimes it's due to limitations in the functionality of Flash, although sometimes it is just due to bugs in 3DFA.

On a positive note, I found lots of things like that just before version 4 was formally released (Such as where rotational friction didn't work when exported), and many of these were fixed before the current release. I used to moan back then that it used to take days to get a reply to my mails ; That all seems quite laughable now, when you consider the current turnaround time!

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com