A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: golf hazards game

StenFLASH: many, many thanks for pointing out that bug, I owe you a pint or two for that, kicking myself for not spotting something so glaringly obvious! gave me some moments of panic this morning but it's fixed now

thanks for all the comments!

Tom and blinkOK: yup, visually it does use the same scaling effect as the excellent buggy woogie game, I should think (hope!) the implementation is completely different so I don't think it could be classed as the same 'engine', would be interesting to chat to the makers of it though to see if they came across the same issues as I did with the camera movement and localtoglobal use. I've been experimenting with building pseudo 3d models with this method and have been looking for a good reason to use it in a game!

Now it's a Miniclip game too

I found a visual bug. On the second level I shot the ball into the tree branch with the first swing. The ball landed on the right side of the tree trunk but behind it (i.e. into the screen). When the player was repositioned, he was located behind the tree but appeared in front of it. I mean, on the screen the players feet were higher than the base of the tree trunk but he appeared in front of the tree.
    Looking for something different? Check out Tuti TV at http://www.tuti.tv/

well spotted, something probably went wrong with the depth sorting.

as there are a few different versions out at the moment for various sites and as long as it is not affecting the gameplay too much I'll let it be.

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar
    That's a really impressive game, and quite inspiring as I've been commissioned to produce something very similar.

The engine for that kind of thing is a real challenge, so I'm taking a different (easier) approach which involves the map only rotating around one point, and using a zoom to compensate.

I've also been experimenting with adding relief, though I'm not sure if I'll be implementing it yet:
    www.brokenbutton.com/relief3.swf

Finally had chance to give it the once over.

Tried the game too. Wow babe! Excellent work me darlin, really impressed the pants off me ( And normally only a free bar can do that ).
    Really good use of the boogie woogie engine, and put together really well.

Yum.

Squize.