A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [complete] Space Shift ---- Align

Chief Blobbo Member

[complete] Space Shift ---- Align

EEEYUP!

Well, I tried to come up with an idea for a puzzle of my own. So I lay in bed one night trying to come up with one! I then remembered this tic-tac-toe game I used to play when I was little, where you had to shift the rows to make the lines of 3!

EUREKA!!!

Okay, not that much of a revelation, but I thought I'd develope it a bit further. Here is the finished project!

Shift ---- Align

I need LOADS of comments please! [if you can; don't go too far out of your way!!]

Well, as much as the tutorial did teach me how to play, I didn't much like having to wait a long time to learn. A really quick tutorial page with maybe just arrows defining the layout and basic instructions would be better.

An interesting puzzle game, but I would have liked it also if you could shift vertical rows too.
    - St. Nick

I would like it if when I shift a planet off to the right it is the next one to appear on the left rather than a random one showing up...

The game's not loading for me. Mac OS 10.3.4, IE 5.2, FlashPlayer 7. It doesn't load in Safari either.

Chief Blobbo Member

rrrrrrightio

I've made the changes suggested to the tutorial!

Thanks for the comments so far.

I'm not sure why it wont load if you are using flash player 7, as that is what I use!

Originally posted by Cherwine
    I would like it if when I shift a planet off to the right it is the next one to appear on the left rather than a random one showing up...
    I kind of agree with Cherwine because right now it seems that it's only a matter of clicking to go to the next level and doesn't involve much thinking. If you make it that same planets show up on the other side then the player is forced to think how one move will effect the game. Other than that I like the game.
    Looking for something different? Check out Tuti TV at http://www.tuti.tv/

Chief Blobbo Member

Yesss....

Okay, I'm understanding that, but hows about if there isnt one of every planet on each row?

Does that matter do you think?

is it just tough luck for the player?

well, I suppose that when they create a line one may replace them

??

it could happen ... perhaps you need to write a check for the replacement planets. I checked about 20 or 30 times ... and it always seemd to be a possibility of making a row with the planets the game started with. If you made an option of horizontal movement also ... would help eleminate this factor ..

Also I would like my left and right arrow controls on the same side of the puzzle rather than going from one side to the other.

Chief Blobbo Member

Oh yer, thats all cool

Well, I've made the changes. They now go from one to the other.

Try it out for me if you could!

I think the chances of the player not being able to create a line with the starting planets, however, I cant really base it on luck can I!

hmmmmmm

Perhaps, I could fix it so that they can get at least one line by making it randomly place one of a certain planet on each row.

what ya think?

Chief Blobbo Member

HAAA HA!!

I now have it so that the player will be able to get AT LEAST one column using the planetary layout at the start!

MAGIC

Thats nice, but what If they can ONLY get 1?????

Bugger.

A reset button?????

what ya think?????????

got stuck after three rows ehhe ... little more logic behind it and I think you'll have it...

Chief Blobbo Member

Try it now!

I've added a reset button, so that If there are no more left, you can reset the grid!

Hoorah!

BTW...The problem pretty much diminishes after the 2nd level, because after that there is always an enemy, which replaces (blows up)existing planets.

Thanks

Re: HAAA HA!!

Originally posted by blobbo37
    I now have it so that the player will be able to get AT LEAST one column using the planetary layout at the start!

MAGIC

Thats nice, but what If they can ONLY get 1?????

Bugger.

A reset button?????

what ya think?????????
    The game should check if player actually can create columns. And if its not possible, then the game should show GAME END message. I would prefer the check on creating new planets, that ensures player can always make a column.

Also, if you reduce the number of different planets, then the chance of having at least 1 possible row, is bigger.

Chief Blobbo Member
    LESS PLANETS!

EXCELENT!

How thick am I for not thinking of THAT one???

LOL

That has made it MUCH better!

Along with the reset button, the game is now working as I would like!

Thanks everyone!

More comments would still be cool!