A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Now you can vote for next US president!

Now you can vote for next US president!

http://www.betavote.com/

damn shame there is no "None" option

really, what's the point of this.

We can all pretty much assume that the world hates Bush for whatever reason. We don't need a shody web survey to tell us.

(I just voted for Kerry AND Bush 4 times each under the Cayman Islands AND Iceland.) Cool!

Switzerland 53 989 5 % 94 %
    Only 94% against Bush? Damn!

Bush should better not go to Croatia:

Croatia 3 157 1 % 98 %

And what's wrong with Niger?

Niger 396 10 97 % 2 %
    97% for Bush?

Fredi

PS: There should be a way to buy votes from US civilians if you're not an US civilian.
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

What happened to the votes from Niger?

It appears somebody set up a distributed human or robot voting group to cast votes purporting to be from Niger.

More than 5000 votes had been cast by the time we noticed this.

Those votes have been disqualified and the IP addresses of the voters banned for the moment.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

The stats actually surprised me. I didn't expect some countries to be so anti-Bush.
    Some countries I can understand, but there are others that are just like, wow.
    Pwahahaah. At least I don't hear about it on the news that much.

These results are so inaccurate - they have Kerry getting nearly 70% of the vote in the US of A.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Broken? Page not loading...

(Of course the numbers are wrong).

Originally posted by Ultima Designs
    These results are so inaccurate - they have Kerry getting nearly 70% of the vote in the US of A.
    70% of what though.... Remember this is an online survey- hence it is getting Web Surfer results. It is quite possible for either of the canidates to get a very high percent on the web survey but not do so well on say telephone surveys.

Not to mention most the survey's in the 2000 election were wrong. They predicted that Bush, not Gore would get the popular vote and many indicated that Gore would win the Electoral Col (This was actually Gore's Stratagey) - The reverse of what happened.

this website is stupid, its anti-bush. Bush isn't ahead on one single poll. I call BS, and thats all it is.

I think people just vote against Bush. Some people voting for Kerry are anti-Bush, not the website. Use your brain.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Originally posted by sk8Krog
    I think people just vote against Bush. Some people voting for Kerry are anti-Bush, not the website. Use your brain.
    Not that many, look at all the current media polls. It doesn't add up. Use your brain.

considering that site is very un-scientific, I don't quite follow why you're disputing it.

if I go out and survey the next 10 people I talk to, I bet I could show you 100% Kerry and 0% Bush.

Doesn't mean that my numbers support the whole US; nor does that site represent the world's numbers. just represents the people that visited that site.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Blue Puppet Red Puppet

same puppet master
    Last edited by el-Ignoramus; 09-14-2004 at 06:11 AM.

Originally posted by SuprasRbetter
    this website is stupid, its anti-bush. Bush isn't ahead on one single poll. I call BS, and thats all it is.
    SuprasRbetter.... yes but it gives the dears some comfort from the truth.....bless their little hearts.

Tony

Originally posted by SuprasRbetter
    Not that many, look at all the current media polls. It doesn't add up. Use your brain.
    My point was that it was the people that visit the site seem to be Kerry supporters. If it were anti-bush, maybe it would count every kerry vote twice? It just looks to me that kerry supporters visit the site. I don't see what the big deal is. It won't define anything.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

I posted this link just for "fun" and not to show how much I am (or the website) anti-bush or anti-keryy or anti-america or whatever.

on the other hand, everyone I spoke to don't like Bush because of his performance as a president. I can't think of one good positive contribution he has done?