dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: please review (little) site

please review (little) site

http://html.wnbc.com/sh/idi/weather/fall-colors/

Please be honest, I like honesty...if you think it sucks then say so damn it :-D
    pickles

Market Monkey
    Hey clews30,

Site looks pretty good. Clean. Appealing. I do have some minor comments though that could help push the site a little further.

The load bar. Its kind of strange to have the buttons coming in as the load bar is still on the screen. When the bar got to the end, i kept expecting something else to happen. Perhaps think about having something happen when the loader bar is finished.
    Also, i would recommend tightening up your fonts on the loader bar. They really dont need to be that large. Consider the placement of the numberic percentage. Is above the bar really the best place to put it? Are the numbers even really necessary?

If the content in some sections changes on mouseOver, then that should be used consistantly. For example, the map within Peak Colors, changes as you move the mouse over the time periods. However, in the leaf color section, you have to click on a leaf to see it.

You might want to include some sort of over state for the buttons in the link section as well. It just makes it easier to see what you are clicking on, and which one of the options are actually different options.

Thats all I see for now. Keep up the good work.
    Nothing happens until someone sells something.

thank you so much, feedback welcome and I totally agree with you. I checked out your site, very nice! I have a question, you know the tiny little lines that create a nice texture over your site do you painstakingly draw those, copy and paste or is there another way to do them...Ive seen this in other sites and I love that look.
    pickles

Market Monkey
    Fill with pattern in Photoshop (for the most part).
    The background is made up of images that are just grey with the pattern filled over them. Just define the pattern in a way that it will repeat correctly.
    Nothing happens until someone sells something.