A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Wanted: Lip Synch Animator

Wanted: Lip Synch Animator

Hi am almost finshed with my first toon however I need reliable people to do the lip/mouth synch work, because our go to guy for lip synch animation left me in the lurch. Here's a link to a sample of what our go to guy did for the lip synch: http://img29.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img29&image=test1.swf

Anybody intersted in picking up where he left off and is willing to do the lip synch work is free to IM sairimmer@hotmail.com on msn messenger or post a message here.

If not, could anyone post a message explaining how the mouth animation is done?

If you do decide to help out with the lip synching you'll of couse also get credit for the work too.
    Last edited by sairimmer; 09-23-2004 at 12:05 PM.

Any Takers. Anyone?

maybe the people doesnt want to do it for free, or maybe they just dont know how to do it, like me.

maybe the people doesnt want to do it for free, or maybe they just dont know how to do it, like me.
    - now that is funny.

I thought flash animators did the whole thing, from animating to lip synch.

whats funny? this "maybe the people doesnt want to do it for free" or this "or maybe they just dont know how to do it, like me"? or maybe the whole sentence

You had to say that didn't you.

Now it is not funny any more.

Lip syncing is a lot easier than people think...

check out "The Animator's Survival Kit" by Richard Williams (you'll be able to get it out at any library but I recommend buying a copy).

For your purposes, you could get away with just a few mouth shapes and reuse them on similar sounding syllables. Just experiment a little and you'll be able to figure it out, use a mirror and watch yourself say the lines in slow motion...