A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash?

Flash?

I'm pretty new around FK, but seeing as Flash is sort of the central theme I wonder if you guys ever have Flash battles? If not, think it would work? Sounds fun to me: create a theme, perhaps with a purpose(ex. not just "flower" but maybe "flower transitions" or "flower navigation" so they might inspire practical applications), then you throw the FLA around and see what comes out. Or just plain old battling where everyone makes their own Flash stuff based on a theme and previous volley.

Thoughts?
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

Lightbulb good idea

I actually thought of the same idea and got some responses. Check out Flash Project Thread in the Art & Animatino forum.

Helkit

why don't you make it an open battle with a 'template' that everyone uses - that might get people to jump on without a massive commitment. something like an .fla with 3 vector objects already in it (a tree, a face, and a snowflake), and each participant has to use those 3 elements in a movie. or make the template have the same scene (a city, a beach, underwater) that each participant must use. no matter what it is, sounds fun to me. set it up!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

flash project

Just add whatever you want to the animation. I did not want to define, what you should do, so it is totally free.

helkit

so, i'm just suppose to make stuff? sounds like work...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

hey, your Flash Project looked neat! sounds like lots of fun. im pretty busy(doing real work Flash at least ) so i cant do anything right now, but i'd like to give it a shot. if anyone wants to start something, go for it, i'll see if i can jump in!
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

Sounds like a winner to me

I'm in but would like to use Fireworks as well to build vectors. If that is acceptable, I'm game!!