A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mouse rollOut speed problem

mouse rollOut speed problem

I'm working in a glowing button and this happens to me: if I rollout too fast the animation keeps running because it does not detect the mouse movement.

I’ve tried two things:
    - changing the fps to a higher value
    - using a button with only a hit area surrounding the main button. This oversized button will surely detect the mouse movement. But I still have one problem with this solution: two similar buttons too close may cause problems with the codes because it makes two invisible areas to overlap.

My final conclusion: I’m still dealing with this problem. If someone knows of any other solution I would be very grateful.

thx guys.

Have any more info on the code you are trying or maybe a .fla file to look at?
    ecards - My full flash site.

here it is

hi.
    here you have an example. I've set the fps to 2 for example purposes.

If you get the mouse too fast across the button the mc does not detect it getting out of the button area and keeps playing....

any sujestions?

thx
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by XelreD; 09-20-2004 at 07:35 PM.

Is this what you were loooking for? I moved the on(rollover), rollout, etc to be actions for the movie clip itself. To see them, click on the movieClip in the main timeline. This gotoAndPlay actions will be for that movie clip and not the timeline that it is on if you do the actions for that movie clip and not on a frame in the movie. I also added the on (releaseOutside) in case someone presses and holds the mouse button on the movie clip, drags it outside of the movie clip and releases it, it will still show the fade away animation. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ecards - My full flash site.

Well, let me tell you that it works a whole lot better! I'll try it with the more complex animated button that i need.

Thx a lot.