A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to go on holiday??

Hybrid View

Where to go on holiday??

Any suggestions?

It's a bit late in the season I suppose. I'm in the UK so Europe/North Africa/Middle East are where I'm looking at although I may give Iraq a miss this year..

Anybody else been on holiday in yurrrp?

Where's hot?

Where's not?

Any ideas?

Barcelona
    Napoli
    Prague
    Paris

(in that order)
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Ihoss
    Iran and Iraq are actually pretty nice. You should go there and Afganistan.

In Europe, Croatia!

Egypt
    Soudan
    South Africa
    Moroco
    I ask you all to concentrate really hard on the freedom of all being. Its hard not to be very angry it is impossible We have to focus this confusion frustration helplessness feeling into a creative outlet Anger can spawn such amazing creativity through Street art Free art to teach each other know each other a language our evolution Go ahead and break some dumb rules

budapest (prague is so over )

grenada - south of spain, gorgeous town.

morroco - get away from the north asap, it gets friendly the further south you go. Combine this with a trip to spain if you have time. The ferry is worth it, crossing as the sun sets over the atlantic, the med to the east, africa to the south and europe to the north. Amazing.

egypt - always a good bargain and you get a real trip into history and culture. Diving in the red sea is awesome.

florence/piza - great towns that offer everything and you can rent apartments cheap by the week. Rome's near enough to make a trip there too.

bognor

Mmmm bognor..

Yeah - I was looking at Egypt - wanted to go to Sharm but I can't get a flight out there when I want to go..

Averson - where did you stay in Egypt when you went diving?

Originally posted by aversion
    budapest (prague is so over )

you're prolly right
    "They're very much like scruffy pigs to look at, and they've got big, knobbly warts and lumps all over their long, hairy faces. They are very, very ugly indeed..."

Originally posted by loydall
    Averson - where did you stay in Egypt when you went diving?
    naama bay, a couple kms from sharm. It was fairly undeveloped when I was there in '89 but they were in the process of putting up hotels.

Both towns are near ras mohammed with some of the best diving in the world.

Fly to Cairo, spend the day there, see the pyramind thingies, and take a bus out to the Sinai. It's not too bad a journey and you'll see a lot more of the region. Stop at st catherine's on the way and spend the night atop mount sinai. Great experience.

- Safari Holiday in kenya
    Mambo jambo
    MY OTHER HAIR doo IS AN AFRO

1. decide if you like warm or cold.
    2. decide if you want desolate or pampered living
    3. decide if you want to trek, venture, hike, or lounge out by some pool sipping drinks with little umbrellas.
    4. Take Aversion's advice either way.
    5. Cheers!

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Originally posted by aversion
    naama bay, a couple kms from sharm. It was fairly undeveloped when I was there in '89 but they were in the process of putting up hotels.

Both towns are near ras mohammed with some of the best diving in the world.

Fly to Cairo, spend the day there, see the pyramind thingies, and take a bus out to the Sinai. It's not too bad a journey and you'll see a lot more of the region. Stop at st catherine's on the way and spend the night atop mount sinai. Great experience.
    I couldn't have said it better myself

if you want I can check rates and trips and prices for you

might even meet you in the airport if your flight will arrive in a weekend or after work hours

best time to Visit Egypt is September-March

not too hot, weather is just great, lots of sun, and no srtudents, they are all at schools

Cheers for info guys..

Problem is, I have to go in the first week in october (work holidays and all that) and I can't find a flight out to sharm - I left it a bit too late.

Having said that, I've found as few cancellation sites that have flights to sharm so I'll look into that.

el-Ignoramus - you're welcome to meet me at the airport, on the condition that you hold one of those boards up with "Mr Loydall" written on it...

Nobody's ever done that for me...

Have you been to Cairo before? Why not fly there and get a bus to the sinai? Those pyramid things are worth seeing if you haven't.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Cheers for info guys..

Problem is, I have to go in the first week in october (work holidays and all that) and I can't find a flight out to sharm - I left it a bit too late.

Having said that, I've found as few cancellation sites that have flights to sharm so I'll look into that.

el-Ignoramus - you're welcome to meet me at the airport, on the condition that you hold one of those boards up with "Mr Loydall" written on it...

Nobody's ever done that for me...

I was actually considering getting a few school girls, with a banner like "Loydall's fan club", and they'd start screaming once you exit the gates, how's that??

If you'll go to Sinai and Sharm and the red sea area, I might be there this very winter -read before December- so give me a ring if you decide to

@Aversion, don't be a tease and share some of your Egypt's photos

Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    I was actually considering getting a few school girls, with a banner like "Loydall's fan club", and they'd start screaming once you exit the gates, how's that??
    Nah - That happens to me everywhere I go... I'm getting a bit bored of it to be honest..

Re: Where to go on holiday??

Any suggestions?

It's a bit late in the season I suppose. I'm in the UK so Europe/North Africa/Middle East are where I'm looking at although I may give Iraq a miss this year..

Anybody else been on holiday in yurrrp?

Where's hot?

Where's not?

Any ideas?

hahaha omg your avatar "SAY NO MORE!" wink wink nudge nudge

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    here in Sweden the weather isnt so hot, however the gals are
    come to one of these stomp stomp parties, heres some fotos, see if you find me in "livboj3" http://www.divinemusictribe.com/pics/index.htm
    ..:: P S Y T O P I A 2 0 0 5 :::..
    . . . view the psytopia reels _____RIVEND REEL | GOMEZ REEL_____ . . . . . . . . . . .

The CROW!!!
    North or south of the uk?
    Coz if you live up north, come down to east anglia and spend a week at Norfolk

i would suggest Spain or portugal, although i havent been to either in a long time.

hmmm. try Amsterdam. Or Switzerland.
    I Haunt the Shadows...I stalk the blackness of night... I am...
    THE CROW!!!

Banned

re

Zoo Miami is a lot of fun for everyone. We've been there a bunch of times and every time we find a new display and the kid’s looove the splash areas. (Bring extra clothes/bathing suits for the kids so they can have a blast and cool off from this crazy Miami sun heat.
    http://www.nikkibeachmiami.com/

have a nice trip.