dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: alias typography in flash?

hi evry one:

I have a question regarding how to make the typography non-antialias in flash? a best example will be on the \\ http://www.method.com \ \ if you log on to their site look the small type, they are non-antialias, but when you zoom in, the type is anti-alias...

please help!!

thanks

don't really see what you mean.

i zoomed in and everything. you can always break a font then turn it into a symbol and add that effect manually.

hope this helps.

ok I think you guys not getting what I try to say..

in flash, by defult flash anti-alias everything from graphic to vector art as well as font. so what I am try to get at is, in the http://www.method.com they have all the small type face look hard edge on screen, just like alias type in photoshop.

that is my problem, how I can control the alias setting in flash, because flash always smooth out the graphic by defult

I hope some one out there know the answer...thanks so much!

I hope I explain well this time.

thanks!

It sounds to me that you're looking for anti-alias options, right? It depends on which vers. of flash you are using. In Flash 5 there are four options for anti-aliasing, outlines, fast, antialias, and antialias text. But that's all that I'm getting from your post question. Hopefully that'll help somewhat.

Aliased type

hi,

we used the _sans font settings in Flash which automatically default to whichever sans serif font is installed on your system (for example Arial on Windows or Helvetica on Mac).

Using these settings will not anti-alias your fonts.

Hope that helps.