dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Drawing on the paper

Drawing on the paper

When people finish drawing on the paper , how can they create in the computer to a colourful picture. I heard before they use wacom. Or will people use photoshop to edit it. Maybe using pen to create the shape and colorize it.
    Any suggestion?

It really depends on the kind of image you want. I'm not entirely sure I understand your question, but yes, people use Wacom tablets after they draw something on paper, to create computer illustrations. If you want nice clean vector images, with the nice varied-width lines that you can get from pens, then going with a Wacom tablet into illustrator is a good way to go. I've loved making illustrations with this method.

Hope that's helpful. Like I said, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Can you explain a bit more about what you're after?

Mike

Thank you. I wonder how to create a better drawing in the computer. I like drawing on the paper, but when I draw in the computer, it is still a big different with drawing on the paper. I am planning to draw on the paper and scan it. And then use photoshop to colorize it.

Originally posted by multioscar
    I am planning to draw on the paper and scan it. And then use photoshop to colorize it.
    Hi, thats what I do, draw in pencil then use pen/ink for the line depths, then scan it in at hi res.

I do use a wacom to colour images in...

everyone finds their own favourite way of working

bp

Probably I have to try wacom next time.

Yeah, a good colleague of mine scans his hand drawings and colors/cleans/inks them in illustrator and photoshop.
    Personally, I do preliminary sketch work on paper, and then use the paper as a reference for the final work. I don't scan nor trace my work.
    We both swear by our tablet mice.

Originally posted by metagrapher
    Yeah, a good colleague of mine scans his hand drawings and colors/cleans/inks them in illustrator and photoshop.
    Personally, I do preliminary sketch work on paper, and then use the paper as a reference for the final work. I don't scan nor trace my work.
    We both swear by our tablet mice.
    Yeah, I am using photoshop to clorize my character too. I have already colorize but how can u draw the outline of the character and create some curve line to draw his muscle on his chest. I try to use pen tool but it is very inconvenient as it will create the other layer for new shape. Do u think Flash can do better job in this field

it really depends. when i scan pencil work i vectorize always the lines and then decide wether i'm coloring it in vector or in raster(photoshop).

in this case you could get a vector line to draw a curve.... although you could just paint it with the mouse

I try to use pen tool but it is very inconvenient as it will create the other layer for new shape. Do u think Flash can do better job in this field [/B]
    If you go into your path palette and create a new path (Path 1) then use the pen tool it will give your your path on its own without creating a coloured box on a new layer... That’s hoping I understand you correctly?

Do you mean that I should use path pen and draw it? I tried it and add stroke to the path. But when I go back layer, there is nth about that stroke.

Hi, I have created my first colorized picture. Please criticize, thanks.

I use photoshop and flash to create
    I firstly draw on the paper and colorize in software
    I dont know I draw right or not, I felt difficult to use mouse to draw the outline with pencil in photoshop that 's why I go to flash to draw with soften line to draw.
    I know I still lack of shade of character. But I dont know how to do it so I skip it.
    This character is my favourite that why I choose this to my first character design.

Any website to teach drawing shade?

You can use the pen tool to create a path around your drawing. When the path is selected you can apply a stroke to it, if you have your brush tool selected you can give it whatever stroke you want, i.e. If you want it to be 3 pixels wide select a 3 pixel width for your brush tool along with whatever colour you want, then stroke it onto a new layer. I would the use the same path (on a new layer below your stroke layer) to fill the sections and add whatever effects you want to them.

so brush is for the inner part of selection and stroke is for the outline?

When you stroke a path through the options in (or icons at the bottom of) the path palette it will draw the stoke along the center of the path, you don't need to make a selection.

If you want to stroke a selection, which you can do if you prefer, you can tell it to stroke the center, outside or inside of the selection, but it will just stroke to the specified pixel width, it wont emulate your current brush/pencil/eraser setting.

I got it. Thanks
    If have time, take a look with my new post. I apply shading after getting some knowledge in this post