dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: What is the strong point?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Load time

0 0%
  • Graphics

1 33.33%
  • Navigation

1 33.33%
  • Sounds

1 33.33%

Thread: "Revenge of the Black Jedi"

"Revenge of the Black Jedi"

Its not finished yet but does the work of a Jedi ever finish?

This site was made with Flash only and no help from any 3d programs (3d max, maya ect.)

so to all the Flash Jedi out there

"may the force be with you"

THE LINK

i love yall

yo main man lenny
    "always remember to keep it tight"

i am taking a nap waiting for it to load...wake me up when it does

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

the thud of the body rabbitkiller's Avatar
    I had no sucha problem with loading...
    Design itself is poor(layout/graphics/navigation etc.), but I'v seen worse, it slows down greatly my notsoOldBakingOven, and I can't understand the Idea of the site.
    world[i] = new world();

Chileno Por Vida
    laggy? supa laggy i dono imnot into those designs.. other then that i looks like its gona turn out alright. but the graphis the out site im not feeling it..

but keep going at it i wanna see when its done! Mate.

Originally posted by robbmcaulay
    Laaaaaaaaaaaaaame
    what did you find lame about the site.. you seem like asmart guy so i know you can go into it a lil more then that....

i love yall

yo main man lenny

Originally posted by rabbitkiller
    I had no sucha problem with loading...
    Design itself is poor(layout/graphics/navigation etc.), but I'v seen worse, it slows down greatly my notsoOldBakingOven, and I can't understand the Idea of the site.
    go into a lil more for me... what exactly would make the site better as far as the nav.design, and layout...

i love yall

yo main man lenny

I don't really get the point of the site at all... The nav is hard to read, and I don't like the fact that they activate with a simple mouse over... I could go to a section, and then move my mouse without really thinking about it, then all of the sudden everything changes without me knowing what's going on...

What's the purpose of the three windows? It seemed that only one is active at any given time, and I could only get any sort of content in one after much random clicking... I don't like the background graphics in the the windows or the frame itself... They seem warped & pixelated, and seem like something someone who just found a bunch of cheap photoshop tutorials would make... I also thought the slider-looking things surrounding the windows were actually some form of navigation until I found that they don't move...

I also don't get the point of clicking a button to have little things appear and float around... That slows the site down even more...

Since you seem to have a thing for starwars, maybe go back and watch the movie (or other sci-fi flicks), study the computer consoles, and draw inspiration from those to make a more functional and appealing interface...

Originally posted by Brody13
    I

Since you seem to have a thing for starwars, maybe go back and watch the movie (or other sci-fi flicks), study the computer consoles, and draw inspiration from those to make a more functional and appealing interface...
    The site has nothing to do with the starwars movie... I made the site for only people who know flash to see so i felt that they could handle nav. that was a lil harder then the normal 1234 at the top or the side of the window. This is why i put a section where you can download some fla files.. this is the 3rd version of this site.. the other 2 where totally different but they all have been for folks who love flash .. so i always give away a few fla with each version... i thought i put that in the title.. tell me if you see it if you go to the site again.. i thought i put "Flash Developer African American...." The change on roll over is just something i wanted to do.. to me its a lil easier then having to click each time you want to go to a different part of the site... I know that if you are not careful you may roll over another button but its just as easy to roll back over the button to go back to where you were... The three windows are just that windows they open and close based on where you are in the site so i wanted only the relevent window to be open and the others to be closed. clicking the button and having lil things appear was just a way to have something there until i put something there .. i have not finished the site yet... it was kinda a joke because i put "do not click here" so when you do thoes lil annoying one legged bugs come out from everywhere... I did not make the bg graphics but i am pretty sure who ever did did not make them from cheap photoshop tutorials... me my self i don't know photo shop so if i had done them i would see your point... unless you are talking about the "space" look that i put behind the bmps....

its always good to hear what other think of my work so i thank you for your comments..

i love yall

yo main man lenny

looking foward to see some of your work...that isn't futuristic and contains a business aspect...or design aspect of something other than starwars...or a web design company named TIGHT FLASH lol...

i live on your side of town in the atl...in atlanta cobb county marietta ga...

my aol instant messenger is unbornechild

maybe we can collab on some projects...business wise

peace