A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: input from you guys on this site

input from you guys on this site

http://www.frankiefresh.com

Hi and thanks for taking the time to look in to my site. I will appretiate any tips, advice, etc. I am completely new to web design and flash. The whole site was originally one html page with all .swf files, but many were complaining about the download time so I changed a lot of it to html. This new version is a little less creative than the original, but it is more visitor friendly. I am at a tough spot now because I do not know how to proceed with a pay area (clueless) eventough there is plenty of archived material for me to put up. Also, I am I am lost as far as what I want my section to look like (dangerous designs). Right now, I am focusing on getting listed on search engines. At least when someone types Frankie Fresh in to a searh bar. So anyway, thanks. Look foward to hearing from everyone.

I forgot to mention this and it is kind of important. The site has some content on it that is only suitable for adults. There is a message telling anyone under 18 not to enter, but I thought it was worth mentioning so anyone who does not prefer that stuff is pre-warned. Thank you Flash Kit and members.

Eeek - you must be real new to web design. Your site is pretty bad. No navigation, no information much to speak of. Have no real sense of what this site is suppose to be. You don’t even have a design you just have images and banners down the middle of your pages.

If you are interested in getting into web and flash design I recommend you start searching the web – look at site, after site, after site. Each site that you look at if there is any design, color scheme, graphic, you name it. Bookmark that site as a reference. Doing this will help you enormously. You will be able to start piecing together a site that you want to create from concepts and designs that you liked from other pages.
    Last edited by fallacy; 10-07-2004 at 08:10 AM.
    chris davis

I'll have to agree with the last poster.

Web design is about designing as much as it is about putting information on a page. There has to be consideration to flow, navigation etc. etc.

I'd do a search on here for "entertainment websites" and follow some of the examples there ... DON'T COPY THEM ... just get good ideas of what works best and what looks best.