A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: United Arab Emirates

United Arab Emirates

Anyone ever been?

I could have the chance to go with a job soon... what can I expect?

Ihoss
    yes, lived in Dubai for 5 years. Best place on earth! Just expect something very different from England . Where in the UAE are you moving?

Not moving... just going there for work... could be up to a month, I'll find out all about it tomorrow

Do they have beer there?

Ihoss
    lol, yes

To buy alcohol you get a licence and your allowed to buy so and so much for that month. When you enter the country you are allowed to have 4 units of alcohol, whether that is 4 beers or 4 boxes of beer is up to you. They have a lot of pubx and bars where they sell alcohol (including beer), and there is even something called 'The Irixh Village' with lots of pubs.

Oh, and nobody move to UAE, they just work there for some time until their contract runs out. So if I say your moving to Dubai it just means that you'll be working there for some time.

Originally posted by Ihoss
    lol, yes

To buy alcohol you get a licence and your allowed to buy so and so much for that month. When you enter the country you are allowed to have 4 units of alcohol, whether that is 4 beers or 4 boxes of beer is up to you. They have a lot of pubx and bars where they sell alcohol (including beer), and there is even something called 'The Irixh Village' with lots of pubs.

Oh, and nobody move to UAE, they just work there for some time until their contract runs out. So if I say your moving to Dubai it just means that you'll be working there for some time.
    Hehehe ok mate... where should I go on my days off?

Ihoss
    The desert! Get a big gang together and go dune driving with them, or even better, go wadi driving in Hatta. You hvae to have a 4WD though, and if you don't, go to the beach . THe first thing you should do when youget there is join a beach club. Then you can go to the beach when you want, but you can also swim in the pools, use the exercise studios, the restaurants and bars and lots of other stuff.

imarat ?
    as i know your passport will be taken by a tutor( the man who or the society who bring you to work)
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h

Ask them if they have a job for me ... somewhere on that palm would be nice.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

yeah -- dubai sounds good. I recently applied for a job in Dubai. Still waiting to hear from the guy. Mmmm year-around sun, tax-free salaries, beaches...mmmm

did we apply for the same job??? It is for TIME magazine.

I recently got an email from a recruitment company offering interviews for the right people for jobs in Dubai.

If I was single I may of been interested.
    Keep it rural.

I am single.... what kind of jobs?

hehe no mate... its through a client I currently work for

*Goes to buy Time Magazine and apply*

Originally posted by Markp.com
    hehe no mate... its through a client I currently work for

*Goes to buy Time Magazine and apply*
    haha.

*goes to check through Mark's clients list*

i've been in dubai all my life.. studied here and now working!!

lots of places for alcohol in dubai.. i don't drink though however.. alcohol is completely banned in the neighboring city, sharjah..

the heat is currently getting lesser.. but you'll have to get used to it if you come during summer..

theres the dubai shopping festival starting from the 15th of jan.. and this time i guess its going to be pretty long till march 31st..
    thats when the real traffic jams start.. but then it is a bit of fun as well during the festival with all the things happening..

..and lots of hookers

Ihoss
    hey, where did you study?

yeah, the heat can get to you! Nobody really believes its that hot, they all say "oh, I've been to Greece/Italy/Spain, I know what its like" but trust me, you don't, not in the summer! But you do get used to it and it's ok after a while