A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Resize Flash file to import into portefolio

Resize Flash file to import into portefolio

Hello,

I made this movie 1000 pixels X 700 pixels high with Flash MX 2004. I would like to show this movie in my private portefolio but my portefolio document stage movie that I would like to import this clip is 570 pixels by 300 pixels high....

How would you go about this?

Thanks,

Luke
    Live for the moment (not in frames!)

Banned
    Tu pourrais le (la?) réduire avec _xscale et _yscale (en proportion... je déteste les maths!) en le chargeant dans ton autre film, mais cela pourrait avoir de droles de résultats dépendant de son contenu...

Philadelphia, PA, USA, Earth, Sol System, Spiral Arm of Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe
    If your movie doesn't have scenes, copy the entire movie into a movie clip.

Shift-click on the layer names in the layers palette so that all frames in all layers are selected. Choose Edit > Timeline > Copy Frames.

Choose Insert > New Symbol and make a movie clip symbol.

Select the first frame in the empty timeline of the new symbol and choose Edit > Timeline > Paste Frames.

You can now drag the new movie clip symbol out of the Library directly into your portfolio movie and resize it at will.

Or you can drag it into a new movie, resize the clip on the stage to the size you want and export it.

Then you can use loadMovie to load it into a clip in the portfolio movie or loadMovieNum to load it into a level above the portfolio movie.
    Argon Zark!, The original interactive webcomic (since 1995)

Banned
    Finalement plus compliqué... Avec sans doute les mêmes résultats, dépendant du contenu, que si tu le réduisais avec _xscale et _yscale, dans le film lui-même, ou en le chargeant dans l'autre!
    C'est ton choix!

Thanks Charley and OldNewbie,

My movie does have scenes (only 2). I have tried exporting the movie as Quicktime (that does not work because I'm using Flash 7 settings). Tried AVI and other movie file types but I keep getting problems where the scripts do not seem to work. A simple stop(); line is ignored and the imported clip just loops.....

I will try what Charley said first then what OldNewbie suggested !

Thanks guys,

Luke
    Live for the moment (not in frames!)