Hi there,

Just wondering if someone could give me a quick heads up on this one??!

I have created my own Movie Clip checkbox (very simple - just changes graphical state and traces a value).
I have lots of these checkboxes on screen and they are being fed their values via a database. All of this works fine.

What I would like to be able to do is have one other check box on the stage which is a kind of global switch for all the other checkboxes. In other words if the global checkbox is pressed then all the other checkbox values will (depending on certain circumstances) be updated.

How would I go about doing this easily as if you press the global button then I see how it would be easy enough to update the other values once but if you then went and clicked on one of the checkboxes and changed its value then it wouldn't be updated as the global button had already been pressed.

I need this as what I am going to have is say you have three checkboxes on screen and they are called 'Colour' , 'Type', 'Length' if they are clicked on they would just set a variable for that checkbox to equal true but if the global button is pressed then the value of the variable would change to say "1" but the problem lying in the fact that if you change a checkbox after pressing the global button then it will only have the standard value!!

Sorry to have written all this babble, I think I may have even confused myself with that!! but if anyone has any ideas as to how I could achieve this easily then I would be exceptionally greatful.

Regards,

Mark Bowen