A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Gradient images

Gradient images

How do you do a gradient image in flash. I want to take a regular gif and put a image over the edges so it has a white haze on the left and right edges. How can I do this?

Thanks

Gods cower, women quiver. Buckwheat469's Avatar
    Put the imported gif on one layer then on a layer below the gif you can put a square shape layer with a gradient fill for the color. Go to the color tab and make sure one color is white and the other is any color with 0% alpha.
    yup.

Ok I have image gif on layer one on leyer two"below one" I made a square in white then went to the pain bucket fill tool. Were is the gradient tool at? Do I have to save it as a graphic at anytime?

Thanks

Gods cower, women quiver. Buckwheat469's Avatar
    While the paint bucket tool is active choose the paint bucket color picker. This will open the color chooser. From here you can choose a gradient fill that best suits your color, you might notice a radial color that fades from black on the outside to white on the inside. Use this one because then all you have to do is change one color.

When you draw the box make sure your pen color picker is set to nothing (red line through white box). This will make a true box without a border.

Once the white-black box is made you can use the arrow tool and click on it. You should see a new color option come up in the property window. Click on the paint bucket color chooser in the property window and then press Escape without choosing a color. This will activate the color in the color tab to the right of your screen.

You will notice that the color says Radial and you have two sliders on either end of a bar. Play around and change the colors of one of the sliders and get familiar with how the color works on it. Once you choose a fill for the slider you can change the Alpha level to make the transparent gradient. Any change that you make with these sliders will affect the box since it is the active object (it's like preview in Photoshop).
    yup.