A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Jelly Button/Snake Effect Settings

Jelly Button/Snake Effect Settings

Hi:

I've been out of the loop for quite some time now, but I'm looking for the snake settings for the "Jelly Button," originally posted by Roger Onslow. Unfortunately, all of the old links are broken, and I lost most of my files in a recent hard drive failure. I also just re-downloaded Swish2 and didn't see it there, or anywhere on Swishzone.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-james
    "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believed in him would not perish, but have everlasting life."

Image Popup Scripting Engine | Thumb PopUp Script | HTML Anchors w/Flash | Popup Script Generator | Seq. Img Swap | Img Swap | Browser Shake | Rand. Img Swap | Inline Img Swap | Screen Res. PopUp | Screen Resolution Popup Script

Long time no see...

I remember that but. I can't recall the 2.0
    As soon as we started alpha testing max he released
    another one...baised on max feature break into pieces

the original 2.0 the image would need to be brought in
    twice. One as solid and one brought in as a series of
    pieces then realigned and grouped as a group..then a
    variation of 3dWave

The only thing I can suggest is go to Brian's site
    and look back into the effects (I think 2.0 files start
    4 pages back) Most likely he has something similar there.
    http://files.swish-tutorials.com/files.php
    Mike

Long time no see...
    Hi, Frets. Yeah, long time...

the original 2.0 the image would need to be brought in
    twice. One as solid and one brought in as a series of
    pieces then realigned and grouped as a group..then a
    variation of 3dWave

I think we might be thinking of different effects. Below is the original thread, from a couple of years ago:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=264107

I remember the original effect being applied to the Swish logo. And I had subsequently used it on other images...really only required comparable snake settings.

The only thing I can suggest is go to Brian's site
    and look back into the effects (I think 2.0 files start
    4 pages back) Most likely he has something similar there.
    http://files.swish-tutorials.com/files.php
    Thanks, for the link. Unfortunately, I went through all 7 pages of "effects," but didn't see it.

BTW, to be more precise, I have Swish v2.01, build 2003.05.20

Thanks, anyway. Good to see you again.

-james
    Last edited by jamescover; 10-04-2004 at 12:32 PM.
    "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believed in him would not perish, but have everlasting life."

Image Popup Scripting Engine | Thumb PopUp Script | HTML Anchors w/Flash | Popup Script Generator | Seq. Img Swap | Img Swap | Browser Shake | Rand. Img Swap | Inline Img Swap | Screen Res. PopUp | Screen Resolution Popup Script

James (also long time),

I think the attached file has the settings Roger used. In order to upload the file I changed the extension to swi - you will need to change it back to sfx.

Hope all is well,

Flick
    Attached Files Attached Files

not that i'd have any clue regarding the file. but still... nice to see you James

Taper Boy for the Prophets of the Funk
    i really don't have anything to add, but i haven't posted in here forever and see too many familiar faces not to say hi and hope everyone's doin' well

i've been in PHP / voiceover land (yeah, 2 totally opposite fields!) for the past 2 years and have barely picked up Swish :/ (worked w/ Flash Remoting on a project, but that's about it)...

Glad to see Swish standing strong and successful
    site check specs - 2.4P4/1GB PC2700/win2k/IE6/Moz 1.5/Cable/21"/1280x1024
    It's not the size of your post that counts, but how you use your post to help others
    new members info | how do i get crisp text? | add time/date in Swish | www.davandi.com

Frets, wcoleman, Lys12, persaltier...wow, it's like old school week. I remember, and am glad to see, you all. I mean that!

WC, thanks for the file. Unfortunately, I'm getting the "This file appears to be saved with a later build of SWISH" error.

I just downloaded Swish yesterday, so I don't suppose there's actually a newer build. I guess, I'll just have to get in there and experiment with the snake settings. But I appreciate the effort.

Thanks and, again, good to see you all...

-james

persaltier, nice to see you... this really is like old school week...

that's a strange file, it doesn't open in the newest swish 2 beta, and when i try to open it in max, that's what i get:

See if the attached zipped file works. It is fine for me in both Swish 2 and SwishMax. Just unzip and install in the appropriate effects folder.

Cheers,

Flick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hey, WC:

That worked a treat! In fact, the previous one probably would have worked as well--dunno--I was trying to open it directly, instead of loading it from the effects folder. At any rate, thank you, for the superlative effort.

You guys are great, as always. Keep up the good work! I hope to see you around more often...

-james