A Flash Developer Resource Site

View Poll Results: Man-purse, or small messenger bag?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Man-purse

5 27.78%
  • Small messenger bag

13 72.22%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man-purse?

Originally posted by fospher.com
    or a nut sack
    Thanks for that link. I just ordered the Medium. Would have liked one with the hair on, but Oh well. Winter's coming on here, so I'll have a use for it.

Get yourself a nice backpack

pffft metrosexuals...
    Cannot comprehend this site still exists

Re: Man-purse?

Originally posted by PAlexC

Does this qualify as a man-purse? Or just a small messenger bag?
    that site has nice bags thanks for the link. i need to get a newone myself as my 10 year old jansport is falling apart
    typpos rule

do what I did , I brought a jar of vitamans and by accident got a bag for free with it.

I can't find a pic of it online though.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    OMG How could I've almost missed this thread

well first things first

HA HA

secondly, why would a Small messenger want to hold a bag?? doesn't make much sense

and

these guys say, wear it with pride

well you know what to do, get a Manly backpack, fill it up with Junk, you'll never know when you might need a swiss army knife, or some military rations, or a tent, they do come handy, or some canned food, you'll never know when you'll be served your next meal

Re: Re: Man-purse?

Originally posted by FairyJanis
    that site has nice bags thanks for the link. i need to get a newone myself as my 10 year old jansport is falling apart
    Timbuk2 bags are the way to go. I've had mind for almost 14 years, it's been all over the US and the world with me, and it's still holding strong.

d.
    dlowe93

Re: Re: Re: Man-purse?

Originally posted by dlowe93
    Timbuk2 bags are the way to go. I've had mind for almost 14 years, it's been all over the US and the world with me, and it's still holding strong.

d.
    thats a well traveled bag
    typpos rule

My laptop bag is a Timbuk2, it's awesome. Just too big sometimes when I need to carry a book or random crap. (Techically, I could use this as a laptop bag for my TR, just not padded.)

el-igno, I'm sending an army of small messengers to your door to deliver a long line of punches to the groin.

Re: Re: Re: Man-purse?

Timbuk2 bags are the way to go. I've had a mind for almost 14 years, it's been all over the US and the world with me, and it's still holding strong.

d.
    Much better this way

j/k

PAlexC, send'em over, I can always swing my manly purse at them and, hey did you see "King of the Hill" the episode where Bobby went to the YMCA to learn how to defend himself against bullies, but he ended up in a women's self defence class , well you get the point, and don't forget to Djuje your hair, or whatever you metrosexuals do nowadays

*typed while scratching my chest hair and burping and cutting lumber*

Hey, watch the "m" word. I don't get manicures.

Jeez, now I'm gonna have to grill a steak tonight.

Speaking of gooming, shouldn't hurricaneone be jumping in about now to make fun of my excessive shaving habits? Where's he been?

i only need it for books as im back in school. medium size or small size, which do you wreckomend?
    typpos rule

Originally posted by PAlexC
    Hey, watch the "m" word. I don't get manicures.

Jeez, now I'm gonna have to grill a steak tonight.

Speaking of gooming, shouldn't hurricaneone be jumping in about now to make fun of my excessive shaving habits? Where's he been?
    treating his Male pattern baldness, so he went for K-Mart shopping for fur pieces

but seriously, where's the old man??

pssst PAlexC that steak, share the recipe please, I'm dying to grill a nice indoors steak, couldn't make a good one till now, and after 6 attempts and around 20 pounds of premium steak ruined I feel shaken

Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    pssst PAlexC that steak, share the recipe please, I'm dying to grill a nice indoors steak, couldn't make a good one till now, and after 6 attempts and around 20 pounds of premium steak ruined I feel shaken
    Didn't you start a thread once on this?

I told you, get a cast-iron skillet. Throw a little butter in the bottom, season the steak with a little salt and pepper, sear the steak on each side for 2 minutes on a medium-high heat. Throw it in the oven at about 300-325F until it's done the way you like it. (Mooing preferably.) If it's not a thick fillet you can do it in the skillet on the stove top provided you start on high heat to sear both sides, then lower the heat. Steak does NOT need to be cooked through entirely, the bacteria are on the outside of the meat. Searing both sides quickly not only kills the bacteria, it seals the moisture inside the meat. You've got to finish cooking it at a lower temp though.

Maybe you should practice on some lower-quality meat first.

fairyjanis - the metro is really small. check the sizes on the site.
    Last edited by PAlexC; 10-07-2004 at 03:03 PM.

I roamed the country up and down, all I could find is flimsy non stick skillets, and a Cast Alluminum skillet with ridges, good for making ridged pancakes or so

my only hope is to get it online, but the sucker weighs a Ton, although I've seen a couple of ones that look so sweet, the best Steak I did so far was on a regular charcoal grill, of course it came out perfect, but no Electric grill or stupid aluminum skillet can do the great Heat disbursement Job a Cast Iron skillet does

Hey to all of you FK'ers, anyone coming to Egypt in the next 3-4 months, get me a large Cast Iron seasoned skillet and I'll pay for it, and treat you for a whole day of BBQ and all you can eat

you could just put the steak in the broiler. my brother in law to be makes steak that way

or

typpos rule

I got one of those electric thingies, Awful quality, and the steak dries upm it's a Brand name too, I think it was a Tefal™ I was happy to pass it over to a friend and never asked for the thing again

I WANT A CAST IRON SKILLET

Re: Re: Re: Re: Man-purse?

Timbuk2 bags are the way to go. I've had a mind for almost 14 years, it's been all over the US and the world with me, and it's still holding strong.

d.

Much better this way

j/k
    Not really. My Timbuk2 bag is in much better shape, and has been far more useful, than my mind.

d.
    dlowe93

I got one of those electric thingies, Awful quality, and the steak dries upm it's a Brand name too, I think it was a Tefal™ I was happy to pass it over to a friend and never asked for the thing again

I WANT A CAST IRON SKILLET
    my mom used one of those electric things for veggies. it was a george foreman kind. not too bad. dont know if she ever tried meat
    typpos rule