A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Uhmm. camera.. thing

Uhmm. camera.. thing

You know that little white box where you do your drawings, and that's like where the 'camera' is looking.. Well, I drew a picture in the camera.. and set up all the fun hints so the hair would sway in the wind and stuff.. But out of boredom a drew more outside the 'camera's view' but now I really like what I've added.. But I don't want to move the entire character, because then I'd have to move all the 'hint' thingies all over again and crap... Is there any way just to move the little white boxie thingie? So I don't have to redo everything? ^^???? Please help! ; ; (Two days into thr programs >.<)

pleeeeease help ; ;

Please help me! ; ; I'm realle new to this program! ; ;

assuming that by " the little white boxie thingie" you mean the stage, then no you can't move it. think of it as a real stage. it doesn't move around to show the actors in a play. it works the other way round.
    so if you have an animation that spans over multiple frames you can move it any way you want. just make sure you have "edit multiple frames" checked and check that the onion markers enclose all the frames you want to select.

if you don't know where to find all the above check the Flash help under "Moving an entire animation" .

you could increase the stage area...

modify/document and increase pixel size... but be careful how big you make it especially if it is for the web, having to scroll down to see the rest of the animation is annoying.

you may still have to move elements to fit on the stage though...

just a thought.

thanks

Thank you guys! You helped out a lot. ^^ I managed to figure it out with your help. Thanks. ^^