A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button........have a question........i need your help.

button........have a question........i need your help.

hi, i have one question,
    how can i check if the buttons is preesed. and get the variable inside the button script, for example, there are two hints buttons and one submit button, how can i check if either or both hints buttons are preesed, and use varible which is in the hints button script to the submit buttons, such as, "a1=6"is in the first hints buttons, and "a2=8"in the second hints button script, after pressing either or both hints buttons, in the submit buttons , there are "sum=a1+a2".

who can help me, urgent.

Flashkit Jedi

Have variables set up on the timeiline set to false. When a button is cliked, change it's refering variable to true. To find out if the buttons have been pressed, check to see if the variables are true.

XFM

can you show my some example.

my requirement is there are 10 ten box, if you can answer all of them correct, after pressing the submit button, you can get 10 marks. if you don't know one answer, and press the small button, you will deduce one mark , if you don't know the second answer, and press another hint button, you will deduce two mark. the computer will take down how much marks you will be duduced. after pressing the submit button, you only can get 8 marks.flash