dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Some Video questions

Some Video questions

Im making a CD Presentation where i need to play a video in the middle of the presentation..

1) What's the best way to use a huge video in your flash presentation? I know dynamic loading of mpeg isnt possible.. so i tried converting video - swf using Sorenson squeeze, WildForm Flix, as well as FlashMX2004 itself.. and tried to load that swf dynamically.. however, there is a lost of quality.. pixelated.. even at maximum quality settings.. The video is very important and must be played at the quality it is originally in.. I wish there was a way to import/covert to SWF with 100% 1 to 1 quality of the original video file.

2) At the best quality setting, the swf(video) doesnt have that much pixelation, which is acceptable if nothing can make it better. So playing the presentation (EXE projector) on my computer is ok.. but, when my friends played it on their computer, it's sooo pixelated.. Why is this? I thought Flash SWF's are contained and should look the same everywhere. but with this one the loaded swf (video) looks really bad..

I did some checks..
    a) All our Color settings are the same (32 bit)

b) Flash PLayers maybe different, but im using a FlashPLayer 7 projector as the main presentation which loads all the swfs..

c) Our Flash Player quality settings are on "HIGH"

d) The Flash presentation (Exe) and the swf loaded into it (video) are not scaled up.. 100% scale with allowscale = false.

WHat could be the cause of this annoyance sirs?

Tea
    Last edited by Tea_J; 10-03-2004 at 10:15 PM.

gosh this is annoying.. can't seem to figure it out.. been up all nite coz of this..

tea

Media Services
    1. don't embed your videos unless you are loading them dynamically into component or video object.

2. your quality is probably based on drive data tranfer. Each CD drive is different so that could be the problem.

1. don't embed your videos unless you are loading them dynamically into component or video object.
    i didnt want to.. specially huge ones.. but either way, there is stil a lost in quality.. the actual mpeg file is beautiful.. but the ones converted to SWF, are poor. .. i wanted to just get the ACTUAL quality as it was. is this possible?

tea

Media Services
    MPEG uncompressed AVI FLV or SWF

If you will go directly MPEG to SWF you mostlikely will loose quality during to secondary reencoding process.

ahh.. so if i get this correctly, i should convert the MPG to AVI first, then convert to SWF? then and only then can i retain original video quality? correct?

tea