A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [ Beta ] Pumpkin Boy 2 - 3DFA game

[ Beta ] Pumpkin Boy 2 - 3DFA game

I've been using 3dFA for a while now, and enjoy the fact that (at least for me) it's a programing IDE combined with a resource manager.

A lot of little flash caveats made it difficult for me to get anywhere at first, but I think I've finally worked out my depth sorting issues etc.

Here's a demo of a WIP of my latest game.

Pumpkin Boy!

(click here) Pumpkin Boy 2

pretty cool! keeps locking up on me when game is over

my my....

this must be great feeling ...finally finnishing your own game and all , i hope ill soon will be able to feel that ...

althogh i want this production to be mine , im still looking for some good programer (scripters only..) if youre interested ...let me know
    ok....what ?

*groan*

Cyber Reaper..

There are half a million people around the world who would like to be able to make their own game. The problem is, most of them haven't got the skills (plural). If you want to start your own game project you're going to have to bring something to the table. Either incredible artistic/animation tallent, puzzle design or programming tallent. If you have neither of the three of those, it's best you focus on building them, because I'd much rather realize my own ideas than your ideas if given the choice and given nothing in return.

Also, Coding is -THE HARDEST- part of game creation. thereby, the coder is the one most deserving of "ownership" of the rights if any one individual is to own them. You're dreaming if you think you can get a coder to make a game for you and then take all the credit for free. The only way is if you were willing to contribute significantly in the financial department.

You don't know how many people with your mindset I've come accross.

-ATT

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    I like it.

I particularly like the simulated 3D effects, like the scrolling background, and growing/shrinking boats and characters. What's really impressive is that it plays really quickly and smoothly too. Anything I do with that much movement on 1 screen seems to grind to a halt.

It would add an extra touch of professionalism if you could add some instructions, some sort of scoring mechanism and high score table.

It's a great feeling to get a project finished isn't it

Well done.

Morgan.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

ok...obviously you dont know me very well , ive been working with 3DFA for a long time , and i already made about half the animationing ...the only problem is i suck so bad with scripting , so while im a very good animator im looking for some good scripter

so there is no need for lecturing me about my "dream" , do you want to work with me on this or not ?

(our game is a freewere which means there will be no money involved)
    ok....what ?

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar
    OK folks. Enough is enough.

The simple way to prove your point Cyber-reaper is to post some stuff you've done, particularly if it's been done with 3DFA. Maybe it'll get people fired up enough to help.

Looking forward to seeing some good work.

M.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

trust me , i didnt want to insult anyone , i would love to show some of my 3DFA works on the forum but i afried they are toooooooooo big to post here...

i can promiss you that im a no jocker and im serious with this game , half of the characters are all worked up ,and the game world as well , all im looking for is some one with the gift of scripting so it will be great game as i planed it to be

i know little about scripting so i could go that far with this "small" production , i hope ill be able to find my way in this compleceted world of java script , but still i see no harm in looking for some talented scripters to join up
    ok....what ?

ok ok , i've found some small part ive made today , check it out so youll see im not all amatur
    ok....what ?