dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Changing Colour

Changing Colour

Hi

Although I am absolutely new to Flash, I have figured out a lot. The thing I can’t get my head around is changing text colour.

I would like the text to remain in the middle of the scene (not move), but to fade from black to white over a 5 second period. I have played around a lot with Tweening, but I still can’t get it to work.

Any help or pointers to where to look would be very appreciated.

Regards

Lawrence

You need to first convert the text to a movie clip. Then use the tweening while having the text tinted in one color in the first keyframe and in another color in the second keyframe.

Changing Colours

Thanks for your help.

I have now successful produced the required effect, but by total luck and lots of clicking around.

My problem is getting the correct pop up menu to appear at or just before the second keyframe. Most or all the time, I only see a pop up menu with sound attributes.

How do I force Flash to force the correct pop up? There is never a problem with the first keyframe.

Regards

Lawrence

You should really be posting these questions in the Flash General Help or Flash newbie section. This forum is dedicated to fonts.

Thanks.