A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Check for me, please...

Banned

Check for me, please...

http://blake.prohosting.com/~tektips...ript/dhtml.htm

I've set up this movie with a javascript detection bit, that monitors the mouse being over the movie area or not.
    If you hover the bottom of the movie, a nav bar should appear, and it should close if you hover upwards, if the mouse cursor remains within the movie area.
    Now, on the other hand, if you leave the movie area through the bottom or sides of this nav bar, the hitTest is no longer detected, so the nav bar stays up.
    I've thus coded this so that a mouse click on the movie's surrounding html area (or on the "target" button), closes the nav bar.

This all works fine for me on Windows, and IE5.5...
    What I'd like to know, is does it work for you all or not, and on what OS and/or browsers, does it work or not...

Thanks!

StayingOccupied
    Mac OSX 10.3
    Safari

It works when i hover over the bottom. It only stays up when i leave the window when i leave the window while the bottom is already up. The rest works fine.

Banned
    And clicking the "target" button or the html, doesn't close the nav bar if it was left opened?

Grandfather to the stars bigginge's Avatar
    Works fine on Mac G4 running Panther, IE. I leave the area and the nav bar stays up, when I click on 'target' nav bar disappears.
    To dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free
    Love Light Romania Romania Blog

Banned
    Thanks!

Im on Mac OS 9.1 G4 Flash Player 7 IE 5.0

When I click outside the swf, the nav bar closes fine, but only if there is at least 20 pixels space between the swf and the mouse when I click. A smaller distance makes the nav bar stagger.

All this is only happening when leaving the swf at the bottom, not the sides.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Banned
    Originally posted by pellepiano
    Im on Mac OS 9.1 G4 Flash Player 7 IE 5.0

When I click outside the swf, the nav bar closes fine, but only if there is at least 20 pixels space between the swf and the mouse when I click. A smaller distance makes the nav bar stagger.

All this is only happening when leaving the swf at the bottom, not the sides.
    Thanks, that probably has to do with the hitTest area, which is flush on the sides but not at the bottom... Will see what I can do about that...

But this seems to not work on Netscape, or some other browsers... Could you check it for me? I've stopped using Netscrap a long time ago!

I only have an old 4.7 Navigator, where the page does not load at all. Im reffered to a not found page.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Dell Precision 360, 2.8 P4, 1gig DDR2 Ram, XP Service Pack 2. Works fine for me.

Banned
    Seems I'm less popular when I'm the one asking the question!

I'm on XP/SP2/Firefox 1.0

The only way I can get the navBar to close, is by moving the cursor upwards. Or if I escape through the bottom I can make it close by entering the .swf through the sides or top again. No amount of clicking on the HTML part makes it close.

Fjellman

StayingOccupied
    Originally posted by oldnewbie
    And clicking the "target" button or the html, doesn't close the nav bar if it was left opened?
    That works fine.. .the only problem was if i'm towards the top of the box, and i goto the html, the menu doesnt come up.. it only comes up if i leave to the html through the bottom.

For me, it went to true on mouse over the top box, and did not go false until I was outside the main larger box. I'm using IE. and the latest Flash Player. When I tried it in Opera 7.21 (Flash version unknown), it never reported "mouse is over." I feel confident that if I upgraded my version of Opera this would work fine, as I have an old version on this computer and a new version on my home PC.

Banned
    The hitTest area to open the nav bar IS only at the the bottom of the movie, and not the whole movie itself... So that would be normal!

So guys... Are you saying this generally works with IE and Safari, but doesn't with Netscape and Firefox?

I guess so.
    I'm not sure if the bottom textfield is supposed to change text, but it says "mouse is out" no matter what.

Fjellman