A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ken Bigley killed! Whose fault is it?

aversion- i always! respect your knowledge and thoughts, you are one of the few that inspires me, because you are very balanced.
    but i have to disagree with your following statement.

"The rising price of oil because of instability in the region might benefit big oil companies around the world, but the instability is bad for business and I don't think it's naive to say that most oil businesses would prefer a stable region to an unstable market.

it is not about big oil businesses, the instability is complex math dedicated to parliamentary procedure, macro economics and personal finance for the eshlon in absolution, why is it that the elections in any nation only have an effect on the poor and middle class?

Originally posted by Naked inc.
    it is not about big oil businesses, the instability is complex math dedicated to parliamentary procedure, macro economics and personal finance for the eshlon in absolution, why is it that the elections in any nation only have an effect on the poor and middle class?
    Thanks but I'm not sure where we disagee. In fact I'm not quite sure what you mean at all :|

I'm saying that this doesn't have anything to do with oil, that some people may think oil companies like the high oil prices (caused by the instability in the region, not the instability caused by the oil prices) but in the long run they will prefer stability.

The instability is caused by the fact that there has been a war going on for the last 18 months and all these people are running around with guns and bombs blowing stuff up. Some of the stuff being blown up are oil pipelines.

btw, some elections do have a big effect on the rich, chaves' victory in venezuela effected the rich far more than the poor.

One advantage to being rich though, you can always hop on the big bird and fly off to London if things aren't going right.

Vote for your dog
    controlling the oilpatch by being able to affect production quotas and telling opec to go piss up a stick - priceless to the bush family

Anyone who invests in oil knows it's and artificially inflated market... controlling it through artificial surplusses and shortfalls is how investors make a buck at it.

but there's more to the situation than oil to explain IRAQ.

Firstly, removing Saddam (So Damn Insane) from power was a GOOD thing ... regardless of why it was done ... it was a GOOD thing!!! no if's ands or buts... It was the right thing (probably for the wrong reasons) - only a true inbred idiot should argue against this statement.

One of the major reasons to do it ... AMERICA needed a WAR... when GOP Republicans can't fix the economy, when they want to steal taxpayer dollars hand over fist over dumptruck ... they have a war... it conveniently hides their modus operandi - how to steal billions from the public purse.

Rich get richer ... poor get drafted... (OK they aren't there yet... or are they ?? Reserves fighting overseas ... that's only happened in the past when there was a draft... they even sent those ridiculous weekend warriors known as the National Guard into active duty... )

One of the final reasons is a two fisted revenge clusterfu*k

1. finish the war daddy started but didn't kill the bad guy in ...
    - think of the old AC/DC song "who's got the biggest balls of them all"
    2. Get even for Rumsfelds sake... Old Rummy boy used to be a particularly good friend of Saddam... brought him many lovely presents which Saddam used against the Evil Iranians who kidnapped a bunch of American Diplomats. --- like the Iran Hostage Crisis ---
    For the next several years Saddam happily killed tens of thousands of Iranians with AMERICAN made chemical weapons and OOPS several thousand of his own soldiars when winds changed directions.
    Rummy was very upset ... his old drinking dog and bordello buddy had seemed to turn on him after this and wouldn't behave like Rummy wanted him to ... Rummy's little pet psychopath grew up and thought he he was the new ruler of the world... not gonna listen to uncle Rummy anymore...

probably a few psychotic reasons i've missed but ...

oh yeah... that's why the americans "knew" Saddam had Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD's) -- They sold and shipped the nasty things to Iraq in the first place...

They probably even found some of the ones that say
    Made in USA
    on them but somehow don't want us to know those are all they can find
    Last edited by Orkar; 10-10-2004 at 08:23 PM.

Please correct me if I am wrong or misguided, but before the Coflict started Iraq exported no Oil (Legally). Zero Oil exports then and zero Oil exports now should have little if any effect on the price of oil.
    Lecherous by Nature, Evil by Intent

***Blame dem Jeans***

Vote for your dog
    Ummm ... Iraq was permitted to export oil in exchange for humanitatian aid...(Food & Medicine etc...) legally since Gulf War 1 ended (UN Security Council set the quota amount) . Additionally the illegal exports were aprox ten times the amount of the humanitarian exchange.

Again the US would love to drop the price of foreign/imported oil by flooding the market with Iraqi oil. Thus controling the world oil price at a US preferred level, and not the price goughing that OPEC makes money off of.

BTW ... shame on me but... my investments make me money off of high oil prices ... I took a 32% profit on my oil sector investments in the last seven months on unit rise alone. It's called profiting off of Oil & Gas Income Trusts. Hint to those of you looking for 30 odd percent in seven months... DO NOT BUY NOW!!!! your only putting money in my pocket (like I sell you the overinflated trust unit before it drops) you might make money on trust distribution 10-15% per anum but not off the unit rise ... yes I made over 40% combined value ... it's a buy low sell high thing.

Yes, they exported oil, legally, the Oil for Food program legally allowed SH to sell oil for humanitarian aid. But it turns out, the sanctions imposed were subverted by everyone from the UN on down. France, Russia, and many other countries were trading arms for oil all along. So it's doubtful the overall production was diminished very much.

Vote for your dog
    Bingo!!!

You totally got the picture of how the real world works!!!

snowball (if you know what this phrase really means) the public with a total load of umm errr stuff ...

then do whatever backroom deals you want to do to make money up the yin yang for the old boys club.

pretend we're doing the right thing but actually perpetuating the same old **** again and again by everyone cheating in the background where no one see's them

i read this morning on the web that bigly has escape for a moment 30 minutes then they re-capture it and their investigation detect the presence of us special army with england special force mi6 so they kill it.
    i think bush is responsible because the iraqian president ayad allaoui was ok to release the 2 women but bush stop the procedure. and blair con't do anything.
    shame on you blair , bush is the killer.
    The Matrix Has You
    -------------------
    end transmission
    -------------------
    h