My brother got a new hard drive today. It's great. 120GB of freedom to go with his existing 20GB.

So, while we're at it, Windows is playing up at the moment and being silly. The usual things, like not being able to change the desktop through the Display panel or taking 2 years to load if you right click anywhere in Explorer because it's trying to find some programs that don't exist to put in the New menu.

Install the usual things. Then poof, straight away, lsass.

Why is it so crap?

I'm now going to jump out in the open and say: why are Microsoft so rubbish?

Why doesn't my Mac get viruses?

Now you're going to say: that's because nobody writes viruses for Mac because it's pointless because not many people use it.

I'm going to say: that's total crap. The most popular web server in the world is Apache. Everything's Apache. Most of you use Apache on your servers or on your host. So why, on earth, are there no viruses for Apache?

Why are there no viruses for Photoshop?

Why are there no viruses for PHP?

Why are there no viruses for AIM?

So many large organisations use Linux to power their servers, such as NASA and the UN. So why aren't there any Linux viruses?

I don't know the answer to these questions. That's not the point though.

I really can't believe what Windows did though. Fresh copy of Windows XP, freshly formatted hard drive, loaded for the first time. First thing you do is remove the language bar. So, I clicked it, Windows Explorer crashed and I had to restart. Tried again, now it's gone.

Why? Why is it so stupid?

Why does it take 30 seconds to apply new network preferences when OS X does it in 1.

Why does the desktop preferences stop working?

Why do applications stop working and then you can't remove them from the Add/Remove Programs list because they don't exist?

Why is Internet Explorer so slow?

Why on earth can't Microsoft be bothered to update Internet Explorer? It can't even support PNGs properly and that's been around for years now.

Why, on my Mac, the ONLY programs to crash are: Word, Excel and MSN Messenger? I'm using loads of programs, I've got the iLife suite, I've got Fireworks and Dreamweaver, I've got Photoshop Elements, I've got lots of other little apps, even a few 3rd party ones made by individuals. None of them crash. Only Microsoft products.

What do Microsoft actually do with their time?

I'm having a look at the new operating systems coming out soon. Name one new feature that's in Longhorn that's worth while. Go on, and I mean proper features, not some techno-jargon. Like proper programs that are useful to productivity and working. FOR EXAMPLE, Mac OS X 10.4 has got Spotlight and Automator, as two of it's new main features. Both brilliant ideas that are going to change the way most people work

NOTE: This is not a Mac vs. Windows thread, this is a why is Microsoft so stupid thread. But most of you will be arrogant and ignore this comment.

So, why are Microsoft so lazy? What do they keep getting wrong? Why did Windows 98 crash on Bill Gates when they were trying to launch it. Why does it restart when this stupid virus comes up?

Why did Microsoft make the Office keyboard, moving around all the F-keys, designing it so that it's impossible to use the F-keys when not in Windows (i.e. impossible to use when Windows stops working).

Why, oh why, oh why, are Microsoft so crap?