A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating bones, or joints on a character

Creating bones, or joints on a character

Is there a way to do this?

Example: Having a stick figure (yeah im a newb..hah) character ina movie. And then, binding the ends of his body to each other. Like having his elbow locked to his upper arm, his upper arm locked to his elbow, etc. This makes it a lot easier to move him and stuff.

Or do I just have to bite the bullet, and just move every little part of his body for every keyframe?

thanks

hi, bones and jointd as in 3DMax? no such thing in flash. you'll need to understand grouping , nesting symbols and editing the centers of transformation to make accurate animations.
    not all animations need to be done frame by frame. motion tweens and shape tweens save lots of hard work

Hey hey Soupy21,
    Reminds me of one of my first Flash movies (poking fun at someone's study habits)... You do need to plan what movements each part will make before putting it all together. For example, say you want to make a character wave howdy...
    1)Make a movie clip - let's call it hand_mc - tween the hand rotating a bit around an anchor (registration) point at the wrist;
    2) make another clip - let's call it forearm_mc - and make it also rotate a bit around one end, that will become the elbow, and attach an instance of hand_mc to the other end;
    3) attach an instance of forearm_mc within a clip called upperArm_mc, and do some tweening.
    __azwaldo__

lol, love the walking animation
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

Hey hey JoeJoe,
    Yeh, it's good to look back at the early stuff sometimes. Here is my latest project (best at 800x600 - haven't set it to 'stretch' yet)
    BTW - What's up with your site - halopimpz?
    __azwaldo__

I kinda just gave up, not really interested in it, but I just made a php and flash enabled small site so that people can upload videos and they will automatically be added to the site, now I am gonna check out your latest project!

Sweetness, that is fun but kinda difficult, I made a simple game just a bit ago, And I have a question about it I put a for loop in there after the character falls to make sure that if he falls too far into the bounds, then he is set back above it, and it doesn't work perfectly every time, so I was wonderin if you could take a look aswaldo thanks a bunch and nice game

Have played the ball movie several times, now. (Cool!) The ball reappears at the top of the stage each time it falls through the bottom, and it comes out one side when it passes out the other. These lines appear to be operating fine:
    Code:
    	if (xpos<-30) {
    		_root.ball._x = 580;
    	}
    	if (xpos>580) {
    		_root.ball._x = -30;
    	}
    	if (ypos>430) {
    		_root.ball._y = -30;
    	}
    I don't see any problem...
    __azwaldo__