A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fullscreen online - is it possible ?

fullscreen online - is it possible ?

Is it possible to make a flash(.swf) run fullscreen online. I'm trying fscommand("fullscreen", "true"), but that only works in the projector version of the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in adnvance,

Banned
    You could force the user's browser window to go to fullscreen (I profoundly dislike it when someone does that!) or open up a new fullscreen popup.

you can put it in the HTML that loads the SWF file..

WIDTH="100%" HEIGHT="100%"

instead of setting a specific pixel width and height

is that what you're looking for?

I really wouldn't, except...

The swf file that I'm trying to load is for a software demo for radio dispatch products, and it is important that the display looks exactly as it would with the real application (which runs fullscreen).

Without it running full screen it looks completely different due to the elements of the browser interface (even after an f11).

Banned
    Fullscreen popup with no other features (tool bar, address bar...etc...), is the only way to go...

http://www.flash-db.com/PopUp/

Set up the popup at the size(fullscreen) and with the features you want or don't want (you don't actually want any of them!), and generate the code. Then it's simply a question of copying & pasting the generated code on a Flash button on an entry page.

The Ancient
    I agree with oldnewbie about the distaste for when this is done. Also, keep in mind this may not work in most Mozilla-based browsers, or in IE with XP SP2.
    jahasloth

Thanks a bunch,

After considering all the factors of browser compatibility, and then the question of pop-up blockers, I think what I might just do is distribute the projector file (.exe) with the product information CD, and then allow users to download the projector file from the website, and run it locally.

Thanks to everyone who replied, I really appreciate it.

If you check the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/security/d...sp#xpsp_topic3
    it appears as if only the automatically opened windows will be blocked. Placing an enter button (for the full screen-window) that will only appear for SP2 users should do the trick.
    What do you think?

LexyCon

Hello.. i know this is an old thread but I cant seem to find my answer anywhere else..

I am working on a project that is a CD presentation and for reasons beyond my control it will be run from a browser.. the trouble is i need the functionality of a standalone presentation.. eg.. fullscreen, non-scaled and centered in the screen..

banging my head against the wall using various java commands but just cant seem to get all three things at once..

can anybody help me?

found the answer

gparis thread