A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Downloadable Flash Games

Downloadable Flash Games

Hi there, some great flash games on here...

Does anyone know ehere I can download .exe flash games? Does this site have them? I need 'em in .exe format ideally (so i can play them at work)

Thanks.

hmm..why do u need them in EXE out of curiousuty?
    >flashl!ght<
    All the normal names were taken.
    Ron Paul was right.

Just get the Flashplayer and you can play swf files anywhere.

Pedro
    Make a projector?
    "I feel like a king!"

I've made a projector of my game Tank Wars. You can download it from www.pigdogtoad.com (the games section).

Cooper

Hi, thanks for replies...

Hi can't use flash player at work so need games in .exe format...unless there is a quick and easy way to convert swf to exe? I'm looking for a pool and table tennis game preferably..

if you have flash installed, double click the swf and choose to save as a projector file. yay, it works!

Hi again....I've tried this..I have flash installed (it's intergrated into XP?) because I can play .exe games.....but when i try and double-click the .swf file it just brings up a messgae saying 'windows does not recognize this file'

'what do you want to do'

1) select the programe from a list

2) use web service to find appropiate programe

If you go to macromedia.com, you can download the trial for the flash authoring tool. That will install the necessary software to enable double clicking the swf and getting the desired results.

Untitled-2.fla
    you could try this www.mikomedia.com/trashcan/projector.zip (it's just a flash projector that loads urls from a text file)
    all you do is create a new folder, copy projector.exe, gameurl.txt into it, copy all the .swf files related to that game into the same directory, either change the name of the game swf to 'game.swf' or ammend the gameurl file to match the name of the .swf. then run projector.exe

if you create seperate floders for all your games, and structure them as mentioned above they should (fingers crossed) run fine, and save you from creating any projectors

~yarr

Originally posted by Cooperrf
    If you go to macromedia.com, you can download the trial for the flash authoring tool. That will install the necessary software to enable double clicking the swf and getting the desired results.
    Nonono, you dont need Flash authoring tool to convert swf to exe, all you need is Flash player, which is free and small download.

You can get it here:
    http://www.macromedia.com/software/flashplayer/

Once installed, it should open Flash player (not the browser) if you double click swf file. In the Flash player File menu you can choose "Create projector" to save it as exe. If however game maker has disabled the menu option, then you cant make exe file.