A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The first thing you need to know...

The first thing you need to know...

I've never worked for any Flash project for mobile devices before. What's the first thing I need to keep in mind when working on such a project?

Actually, what are the things I NEED to keep in mind when doing a such a proj?

Hi,

I think what you really need to keep in mind is, that your device is not your computer. The processing speeds vary a great deal, with the pc's processing and rendering capacity being much higher compared to that of the mobiles.

It is not necessary that all games or apps that run on the pc will run on the mobiles. The projects for mobiles have to be prepared for, very carefully. There are a number of guidelines to alsobe followed in terms of scripting and graphics as well. I can provide you this personally if you wish.

Also, if you are targetting flash lite, you have to make sure, that the player has not been made available by Macromedia worldwide though they have launched it in a couple of countries in Europe in collaboration with T-Mobile and in Japan with NTT DoCoMo. Thus getting the operators to belive in a still developing technology will be difficult. In the long run, it will be the big players who will eventually find a foothold in the industry.

Regards,
    Mariam Dholkawala
    "It's never too late to be what you might have been."