A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Stupid lousy ****ing pointless DSA [UK]

Stupid lousy ****ing pointless DSA [UK]

Today, was suppose to my driving test. The lesson was cancelled due to "staff shortages". The examiner due to take me has been ill all week, but yet I only discovered this once we got to the test centre after a one hour lesson.

They have my number. They have my address. They have my instructor's number. They have my instructor's address. Why, at some point during the week, could they not have told us?

So, they said they might be able to book me in for tomorrow. Not too bad, I guess.

Rang up to book and sort it, next available date is JANUARY, but I've been put on the priority list for any cancelations.

The whole thing this morning cost me £55 and they are only prepared to pay £30 compensation by the sound of it.

The Driving Standards Agency are just twats and need to be run over by their own cars.

[/rant]

newayblue.com
    How many companies are slowly ending up like this. Its the new age of call centre streamlining!

What they do is employ people as middlemen, not as company representatives, so when the annoyed customer calls up and speaks to the generic moron, they get "I understand but there is nothing I can do" instead of dealing with the query. So the company get to shag you over more because of the communicational block.

The most ironic thing is all these places have "excellent customer service" policies! and signs around the building stating "lets exceed customer expectation".

corporate wank.

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    I actually think Hell if it exists is one giant call centre

"thank you for calling Hell, for training purposes your calls may be monitored...

to hear another set of completely irrelevant options press 1..

if you would like to go back to the previous options press 2..

if you wish to finally speak to an actual human who will take all your details put you on hold for 25 mins then pass you on to someone else without the authority to help you, please hold...

[ greansleaves, dah daah dah dah dah ]

You ever tried ringing NTL? haha take the piss they do.

It's comforting to know that motor vehicles services agencies are a nightmare no matter which side of the Atlantic you're on.

took 5 months to get plates for my car in san diego.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

newayblue.com
    Took my girlfriend 13 weeks this summer to learn to drive and pass all her tests.
    How do I know it wont be that easy for me

Originally posted by SpockBert
    You ever tried ringing NTL? haha take the piss they do.
    Ive rang them twice and both seemed to know what they were talking about. The ntl staff who come round to my house for installations dont seem that bad either. Strange how they have such a badass reputation.
    This information is subject to change without notice and
    is provided "as is" with no warranty.

I had to wait 5 months before i could had a test!, DSA is a sham. I also hear sometimes the examiners are given a list of how many people to fail and pass. This means that even if u drove good, they could still fail you.
    MY OTHER HAIR doo IS AN AFRO

Crazy stuff - January? I just went in at 6:00 in the morn on a wednesday night, failed the test, but this cool texan dude let me pass anyway. He said he was a convict doing this for community service. How that was plausible at all no one really knew.

Would've had a clean license for 2 years, but got a 30 over on a school zone a couple months back.

You should also get a big chunk of your insurance back if you end up not needing it.

Ah, yes, bureaucracy at its best. I don't think we have any problems like this in the states - at least none that I have heard of, anyway.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Retired *********
    ha! here in washington state (no NOT washington DC to those who are geographically challenged) the DOL will issue a license to you regardless... you'd be surprised to see how many old, crazy drivers this state has!!!