A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do aliens exist?

Do aliens exist?

Just want to hear your opinions. I know we have some very intelligent people on these boards, and we're discussing this subject in class. What do you guys think?

Personally, I think the universe is too large to say that we're the only ones.

To take it to another level, if they do exist, do you think they've visited Earth?

You probably already know what I'm gonna say, so I won't say it.

Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher
    You probably already know what I'm gonna say, so I won't say it.
    Yes they do?

I'm not swayed either way... But until I meet one in person I'll just sit on the fence.

we're all aliens man

whoa...

The only place aliens excist is in our minds.

Originally posted by aversion
    we're all aliens man

whoa...
    Nice thought, Keanu.

OT: How's your volley coming?

aliens are living here with us. They are called brazilian cockroaches. They can fly, crawl, swim and walk. They multiply like lighting and can survive a nuclear war. How are they not aliens?

mmm.. I don't know..

There is no fact or proof that there is life out there. But, it is not illegal to imagine.

It's hard to think Earth is the only source of life in the universe. As far as creatures as advanced as us? Maybe. Do little green men come down and perform anal probes? No.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

I doubt there are actuall aliens. But I bet there is life(not meaning beings) such as plants and maybe animals. Who knows.

Originally posted by I_am_TheFlasher Who knows. [/B]
    indeed

I am convinced that it is possible for life to survive on other planets. But I do not believe that there is intelligent life out there, just bacterias and some other single-celled organisms.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Mathmatically speaking, it is nearly impossible that there are no "aliens" out there.

I think the current estimate of the number of planets in space is approximately 100 trillion planets for every single grain of sand on the earth. That is simply a mind boggling number.

However, one must also consider the fact that the chances of two interplanetary species both being capable of space travel running into each other (meeting) is equally as high an odd. Heck it's comparable to throwing 1 single cheerio (yes the cereal) in the atlantic ocean, and 1 single cheerio in the pacific, and hoping the will meet up someday.

Those who say there is no possiblility of life out there, are either religous (I'm not trying to start a flamewar) or uneducated.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by sk8Krog
    I am convinced that it is possible for life to survive on other planets. But I do not believe that there is intelligent life out there, just bacterias and some other single-celled organisms.
    That all depends on your definition of intelligence .

Dolphins by far can learn things quicker than human beings, yet they have no sophisticated technology... does that mean there not smart?

Yea, I believe there are aliens (actually I believe there is probably a couple hundred species of "intellegent" aliens)...I also think we will probably meet them one day.

But like PAlexC I don't think they go around performing anal probes (dogs do that).

Some people would say we are "aliens" to this planet, as we really don't fit in very well.

I define an "intellegent" species as having an advanced spoken (maybe not written) language.
    John Starkey: So what if I have had sexual relations with Saddam.

Looking for a webhost, paid, free, or dedicated? Check out this thread, to get my reviews.

It all depends on one's definition of Alien. You could consider the primitive bacterial life on Mars to be alien just as much as you could consider a person from another country and alien.

my ex-brother-in-law works in panama city at the military base there.. he has black level clearence.. he wouldn't tell me there was aliens.. but he said he wouldn't say there ins't aliens

Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Its not something that I spend too much time worrying about.
    scdfred

Originally posted by flipshark
    That all depends on your definition of intelligence .

Dolphins by far can learn things quicker than human beings, yet they have no sophisticated technology... does that mean there not smart?
    I mean anything that does not have the intelligence of a human. Not to say that animals are dumb, they are very smart and could probably beat me in a spelling bee or some crap.

There is a separation between humans and animals, everyone knows it. No animals have constructed complex structures not out of instict, nor have they derived any forms of government or built new technology to make their tasks eisier.
    Humans have, and by what humans have done, I consider us intelligent and I do not believe there is anything out there with the mental capacity of humans.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

general scientific opinion at the moment seems to favour the idea that life on this planet was jump started by a comet colliding with earth that contained essentiasl ingredients like nitrogen and oxygen...

so we're all aliens, sort of.