A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need your creativity/Band website

Need your creativity/Band website

Hey guys, I was hoping you could help me brainstorm a little bit. I have a client who's having me do a site for his Beatles tribute band, and as many of you have probably experienced, he's pushing me towards junk. And of course, I don't want to design junk. No I am not using a collaged image you made for the background of your site...that sort of thing. So I was hoping you guys could help me get some ideas that I could pass on to him in addition to what I've got stewing in my mind. Here's a link to the CD that they got their name from, and want to base the design on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!! Or if there are any band sites out there that serve as good inspiration, let me know!

http://www.boskowan.com/www/jirka/be...rs/magical.jpg

Thank you!
    Last edited by DMB Lover 41; 10-14-2004 at 10:28 PM.

maybe just be as obvious as doing a really nicely designed magical mystery tour with a retro 60's/70's look to it - lots of rainbows and flowers etc - but make it work by designing it well

Yeah, I was thinking of something along those lines too. My personal style is more towards clean and modern stuff, so this is a little more of a challenge for me. But I was thinking about using some of their pics and making them look a little more vintage (and colorful) by making them look like graphics, but use those in a well organized site. But then create a retro background (rainbows and such like you mentioned) to be behind the swf, so it doesn't overpower the content or make the page appear busy. thanks for the comments. Any other ideas are welcome, as are retro graphics inspiration!

try looking at the new honda diesel engine advert for a 3d take on it

Did they designed the cd cover themselves, it sure sux if u ask me. I don't think it is good idea to go by that.

are you knocking a classic beatles albumn cover ?