A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ramadan Kareem

ok thanks. i just wondered, because my understanding was that it was not eating at all, and i wondered how muslims everywhere were going to survive a month without eating

Originally posted by ctranter
    ok thanks. i just wondered, because my understanding was that it was not eating at all, and i wondered how muslims everywhere were going to survive a month without eating
    they do eat. they don't eat/drinks only during the specified times. and i believe the exact timing for each day is different in minutes range.

if i'm not wrong, they can eat/drink when the sun is hiding. correct me if i'm acting like a dumb head

the fasting time is from dawn till sunset. this of course differs from one place to the other and also different times of the year.
    but fasting is not just from food and drink
    According to Muslims, fasting means abstaining not only from food and drink, but also from sexual intercourse, lying, arguing, and back-biting. While fasting, Muslims must be careful to restrain their tongues, temper, and even their gaze. Ramadan is the time for Muslims to learn to control themselves and to develop their spiritual side.
    During the fast, abstain from all false talks and deeds. Do not quarrel, have disputes, indulge in arguments, use bad words, or do anything that is forbidden. You should try to discipline yourself morally and ethically, besides gaining physical training and discipline. The fasting person must be a pleasant person with good spirits and good cheer.

During the fast, do acts of charity and goodness to others and increase your worship and reading of the Qur’an.

Originally posted by el-Ignoramus
    I second that....
    i agree - but the longer it gets, the more it smells like a wet dog!
    he is a really active outdoor boy, so his hair gets stinky...

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

hey... Ramadan Kareem all!

nords... tease the hair into a 'fro, and take a picture. every child needs an afro picture waiting to be pulled out when they start dating...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Originally posted by gerbick
    hey... Ramadan Kareem all!

nords... tease the hair into a 'fro, and take a picture. every child needs an afro picture waiting to be pulled out when they start dating...
    Rough childhood??

Originally posted by nordberg
    he is a really active outdoor boy, so his hair gets stinky...

thats why you should dread it