A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: HELP! Bad Preloader and Links

HELP! Bad Preloader and Links

I need help in the worst way.

I have a sticky preloader--don't know why. And I have flash buttons that take you to the wrong HTML pages for some people, but that always work for me.

Go here and test it. Tell me what happens for you.

The Floor

How the site works is once you get to the main flash page, the menu buttons of "Home" "About" and "Contact" will keep you in flash.

"News" "Join" and "Login" are php. So, clicking on them will take you out of the site. (This is where people are having problems. The links are taking them to the wrong page, and I've check the original actionscript links. Any ideas?)

Once at an php, if you click on "Home" it will attempt to take you to a flash main that looks like the first main you went to--but isn't because I didn't want the user to have to go through the intro again everytime they returned home. *This is the page that has a sticky preloader and/or won't even load.

I'm at my wit's end. Please help!

Could it be that I should I be saving the Flash files for lower versions of the FlashPlayer? I haven't asked what version they have.

***If you want to take a look at the working flash file that is causing problems, download it .***HERE

Banned
    25 megs! ooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuh!

Is it in a MX only format and not MX2004?

Doesn't work for me and I'm on Flash player 7...

Nothing loads up if I go to the second home page...

Shouldn't you be using sharedObjects, to avoid the intro being repeated, rather than using this method?

http://www.actionscripts.org/tutoria...ts/index.shtml

The site loads just fine but ...

Whenb I go to the login page, then click home, I get a blank screen.

Don't know why.

Could you make the home button skip the preloader and send you to the first frame of the intro?
    I'm only in it for the pleasure

I'm going to look into this sharedObjects...is it what I use to make skipping the intro possible? Is it difficult to do?

(The Flash file is a just a Flash MX, not 2004 I don't think.)

Banned
    Well the link I posted is exactly on your problem, of not repeating an intro...
    But never tried it myself.