A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Audio Synch Problem

Banned
    Ok! You can stop sending me files... 3 have finally downloaded!

Now what was this thread all about?

You were joking rihgt well just in case you werent heres the problem:

Audio Synch Problem
    The audio at the end of the fla keeps going out of synch with the lip animation. The line "follow me" clip always plays too early which in turns screws up the next line god damn it.So does anyone know how to fix this problem so that the audio is in relatively in synch with the lips? And yes I know that the lips synch doesnt match the audio exactly as long as the audio plays and ends when the lips are open and closed and Ill be happy. Ill also post a example of how the audio and the animationshould match up using another scene from the file as a example.

Also it is supposed to be playing at 24 fps throughout and the audio has been set to stream too,the fla plays the animation and audio synched up but not when exported as a swf though.And I've also tried dragging the audio around in its layer but still that doesnt work.

So thanks in advance.

Banned
    So where should the last God D... it sync up? The last mouth opening just before the lightning?

When the devil reaches and stops the end of the screen.So yeah what you said.However I would appeceirate if someone can dissesct and explain the problem so that I know whats wrong with it so that I cna apply the fix to the other scenes that also have this problem of not synching up.
    Last edited by sairimmer; 10-26-2004 at 02:05 AM.

Banned
    And who says "follow me"? The devil also?

One thing you should know (althought this might not be the problem...), is that Flash has problems maintaining sync, after 1000 frames...

You should also never extend a streaming sound past the last frame of the end of the sound's modulation, and those 2 last sounds don't respect this...

Curiously also, those 2 last sounds have very different modulations than all the others, and when "scratching" (never remember the appropriate term...) the timeline, I don't hear the voices as I do with all others... Only hear some kind of foot steps effects...

Yep the devil says follow me too when he stops in the middle of screen. Adn what would you suggest to keep the frames in synch after 1000 frames? As for the sounds that sound okay to me as I dont hear any footsteps. And the term is called scrubing. The audio happens to go out of synch when you export to a swf.

Banned
    Nope, can't scrub those 2 sounds... Follow me and GodDamnit!
    They seemed stretched... If I insert those 2 sounds in a new document, they scrub fine and aren't stretched... Follow me for example is like from frame 9 to 24, in the new document, but almost 3 times as long in your .fla, and I simply can't scrub it in your .fla, even if I re-insert it somewhere else...

Strange I have no idea what would be the problem.

OKay I resaved the mp3 of the 2 lines and placed them back onto the timeline.Nope still no effect,it's still out of sync just like before.Anybody else know what the problem might be?