A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Putting game on DVD

Putting game on DVD

Is their a way to put your game on DVD without using a browser and how would you do that. Is there in programs tha is recommended for that. Thanks

Video DVD- no (for a game)
    Data DVD- yes

And you dont need any extra programs to do it
    In flash go to file->publish settings. Then check either the box for mac or pc projector. Stick that file on the DVD and the user wont need any version of flash to play it. Of coarse, just a regular swf file will work just as well (or better) outside the browser, but the user will need the flash player

I've been wondering.....

I've been wondering that for quite awhile now too,but...if you wanted to put the game on a playstation 2(because it has a built-in dvd player) then how would you be able to do the like "R1" "R2" "x" and those other buttons?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

You cant, put a flash game , "swf" on a playstation because Playstations only read certain file types, you could probally do it on an xbox, if you get the modchip, Because I got the Modchip and it playes Emulatrer games like,SNES,NES,And,N64 games.

Professional Air Guitarist Frag's Avatar
    Brain, Body, Clothes, Computer Chair, Room, House, Neighborhood, City, State, Country, Continent, World, Galaxy, Universe, and on?

Re: I've been wondering.....

Originally posted by mattmatheson
    I've been wondering that for quite awhile now too,but...if you wanted to put the game on a playstation 2(because it has a built-in dvd player) then how would you be able to do the like "R1" "R2" "x" and those other buttons?
    Not possible in Flash. Even seemingly simple GameBoy games are written in C, C++, Java, etc.

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    I don't think there'd be much point in putting a game on a DVD since a CD should be more than sufficient space.

Frag, all Gameboy games up to Advance were pure ASM programming. I believe most GBA games are still made with ASM to get more power out of the machine, but C/C++ is available as well.