dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: model sequence

Aka ozonew4m

model sequence

Hi all...

before you click i must tell you that this is not some of the flashy graphics and fast moving unreadable texts that you are probably used to.

Its simply an image sequence of models done by a great photographer set to music...

Please try to enjoy it for what it is and not a comparison..

let me know what you think..

http://www.antnes.com/newdemoreel.html

there is no adult content that i would rate higher than PG.

That runs pretty well. Much better than a simple slideshow. Some of the tweens are a little shaky tho'...... and one or two (I think the second last model) of the graphics seemd a little pixlated (obviously not the intentioanl pixelation).

I think it's good.

P.S. The subject matter doesn't hurt the eyes either.
    .:- bugger -:.

Aka ozonew4m

thanks

i agree with you that some of the transitions are a bit off... i will get to those...

i was beginning to think i wasnt going to get a reply...

all i wanted to do was let the images do the talking rather than overshadowing them with complex design elements...

at first i thought it was a little slow but i think it needs to be to give the images justice...

I compressed all the images at 50% before importing them into flash so i think that where most of my propblems lie..

anyway im glad you liked it and thanks for the responce

antne

My rule of thumb re: presenting graphics.......... you have to go fairly hi res, even for the 56kers, which is what i do all my site checks on.

If you are presenting graphics, you have to present well. It may sound harsh, or snobbish, but people who will not take the time to allow a site to load when they know full well that is a graphics presentaion are surfers that you probably don't need anyway.

BTW, I have made several posts here that got little or no replies......... as with all things 'internet' there are many lookers, and very few people that take the time to review/rate/comment. That's life.

The only thing I don't like is that some pictures take up the whole frame and some show the border of the image with just a black background. I would zoom in on the ones that don't fit.

I think it well done, good job!

Oh, and why are you so hung up about glitz and flash....chill. We all agree.

as far as image compression goes, size them as big as they need to be at full size, and go off of the dimensions of the flash movie. and obviously if you zoom in on it save it out at the largest size. flash doesn't like to scale images either way, so for the best results have them sized at 100% of what they'll be in the movie. when you're showcasing great photography, you gotta go high quality, it's worth the wait. one other thing i noticed is that on a couple of the model pics that the background is cut out (black) that there's a few spots that still need to be cut out floating around the background.

and maybe a pause button? in case someone sees something they really like

good work!
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

Aka ozonew4m

thanks for the advice and comments guys i appreciate it...

antne