A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Collaboration anyone?

Collaboration anyone?

Hi! I'm new to this forum and I'm wondering whether there would be some flash animators who are running out of ideas for cartoons and would like to team up? I have written tons of scripts for short cartoons and series. I myself cannot draw that well but my imagination is very vivid and I know what types of animations I'd like to see and make.

If anyone of you is interested, please let me know! I'd be very happy to start creating funny flash cartoons with you!

So you're basicly saying that I should make an animation and join that thingy? But I don't know how to make animations or even how to draw, I just know how to write good ideas on paper

Well, you can start by learning how to draw and animate. there are very helpful websites on the net.

Hi Lanki,

If you are willing to share your ideas, why not submit a short script into this forum and see if anyone is interested? If it is short, and text only, you could submit it as inline text in a posting -- otherwise, include it as an attachment.

Hope this helps

G

Originally posted by goliard
    Hi Lanki,

If you are willing to share your ideas, why not submit a short script into this forum and see if anyone is interested? If it is short, and text only, you could submit it as inline text in a posting -- otherwise, include it as an attachment.

Hope this helps

G
    Yes, but somehow I kinda think in the back of my head that if I give you guys a script I might see a similar toon appearing somewhere without any credit to me. I mean, I only want to be credited for the writing (I could do voice acting etc. too) but... I dunno. Maybe I'm just a chicken. If I give you some of my "not-so-good" ideas you think I should just try it myself and if I give you my best ideas some of you might steal it. That's what I'm afraida of.

Lanki,

There are several replies to your post.

1) If you think your scripts are that good, why aren't you out there trying to sell them? Why bother with a Flash forum?

2) If you broadcast a script to as many people as possible, simultaneously, it would be very difficult to steal your ideas and take credit for it

3) If all your scripts are pearls, why don't you throw one to the swine and see what they can do with it?

I've knocked around these forums for a long time (I was bigd4ddy til I forgot my password!) and many people here are very generous with their time and skill. You could try joining them...

nobody is interested in stealing ur scripts... and i'm sure if they where good enough to animate one well, then they'd be the kind of person that would give u credit anyway... nobodys gonna make any money off it i assure u...

there's no point asking to collaberate if u don't even want to show ur work...

make a storyboard animation, thats what most writers do... at least that way we can see ur works vision...

Originally posted by xup878
    nobody is interested in stealing ur scripts... and i'm sure if they where good enough to animate one well, then they'd be the kind of person that would give u credit anyway... nobodys gonna make any money off it i assure u...

there's no point asking to collaberate if u don't even want to show ur work...

make a storyboard animation, thats what most writers do... at least that way we can see ur works vision...
    Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll try and make a storyboard of my ideas with Photoshop, but it'll take time since I'm not very good at drawing etc. But I'll try to do one so you guys could see and judge yourselves and then lemme know if someone would be willing to animate it I'll just update this then from time to time.