dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fireworks buttons

Fireworks buttons

OK here's the thing.
    I wanna make some buttons for my flash page, but I want to use fireworks to design them, but when I import to flash they look like ****...any good way of doing this?
    In case anyone wanna help further, I'm gonna explain the effect I'm going for.
    I'm using FW's Glow effect on text, and making an animation with several frames, and in each frame I increase the glow, starting at 0 and going up in steps of 2 until it reaches 10, and then reducing it again back to 0. Creates a nice glowing effect, but I can't do it inside flash...I'm open to suggestion, if there's a way to do it only with flash, even better. I'm a little pissed off at Fireworks for not opening its own PNG files.
    Up the Irons!!

Cheap Bear Imitation eRkLaErBaEr's Avatar
    have you tried the "Soften Fill Edges" method in flash? (modify >> shape)
    well, can be low-down when applying it on text shapes as the blur (glow, whatever) will look somewhat strange and edgy when the shapes become too complex (and i guess that is happening when you import from fireworks into flash). a work-around is not to select the whole word or phrase but to apply it to each letter seperately.
    Pink signature?

That is bad, the text looks deformed and it's so much easier to do glow in fireworks, that it almost hurts to think I can't use it to create something for flash. They're from the same company cmon!
    People help me out please...
    Maybe create one gif with each stage of the increasing/decreasing glow and import into flash and put onde on each movie frame so they animate?
    But that won't let them be scalable...I need a better way
    Up the Irons!!

C'mon

I need help here, please guys!?
    Up the Irons!!