A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Pay Pal And Flash???? How Does It Work ???

Pay Pal And Flash???? How Does It Work ???

i gotta put a pay pal thing on this non profit site for registration for a church ministry site.
    any tutorials or anything , so i can see how i can set this up ...or any examples. ???

basically i dont know how to set this thing up

You simply send some variables ( via getURL ) that takes you to a PayPal page. The variables being price, item ans stuff.

There are readymade components and codes for all this on the PayPal site. ( not that easy to find though )

Shopping Cart for instance
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...-intro-outside

http://www.scripts.com/tools-and-uti...-flash-buttons

There has been plent of threads here. make a search on this board to for more info.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

OK, since my next question pertains to this post, I will ask it in here.

The web site that I am working on, also a non-profit site, wishes to add a PayPal link that, once clicked on it (not buying anything, not selecting anything but the link itself) will take you to their account so that you can freely donate.

Now, the information that PayPal sends to you is encrypted, using a HTML form.

So how can I add this to my flash web site (www.alleycatorphans.com), would I just make a button with 'getURL' and add the information in there, or is there something else I am going to have to do, with the 'sncrypted/secure' aspect of the link?

Any help is greatly apprecaited!
    -Kevin Taylor
    Flash MX Web Designer
    Torn Silence, Productions

www.torn-silence.com
    "Silence Must Be Heard!"

To make this easier, I researched some more information here on the FlashKit boards, and got a piece of ActionScript that seemed to be the ideal thing.

Since the ActionScript mimmicked what I had received from PayPal, I was hoping it would be virutally plug-n-play.

I was wrong. =)

Here is the code in its entirety:

on(release) {
    ld=new LoadVars()
    ld.cmd="_s-xclick"
    ld.encrypted="-----BEGIN PKCS7-----MIIG/QYJKoZIhvcNAQcEoIIG7jCCBuoCAQExggEwMIIBLAIBADCBlDC BjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCVVMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHE w1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjE TMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2ZV9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hc GkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb20CAQAwDQY JKoZIhvcNAQEBBQAEgYAFo67p+H+lnMvRm1idOjgP28xzgA4/a5UuL1hY5F+yk77zjgXLx3T2u+/cOSy7n81KNkP5edbj4E8e4Jg3x5ETx+rtIk+z1rkzKA9zbQJjN 7Z2IOeFEBVIdvdyB6JF4ZOEH4DRvfZafunjUDVRL59DIoW54tR qvbI0YdTDGx8ZYDELMAkGBSsOAwIaBQAwewYJKoZIhvcNAQcBM BQGCCqGSIb3DQMHBAi0Uddj24yEw4BY1OmrvqtRDg27X5pUXlK Vr1/TnIWvc59MMPyPrmHuV6yfNkaKDi5k4PBHQZPI5MYV5zDVNZF/HZSBgcfxxtWgMuhc+P9/9efwJ69hbol9U9mQCrS2zWYXY6CCA4cwggODMIIC7KADAgECAg EAMA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBBQUAMIGOMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzELMAkG A1UECBMCQ0ExFjAUBgNVBAcTDU1vdW50YWluIFZpZXcxFDASBg NVBAoTC1BheVBhbCBJbmMuMRMwEQYDVQQLFApsaXZlX2NlcnRz MREwDwYDVQQDFAhsaXZlX2FwaTEcMBoGCSqGSIb3DQEJARYNcm VAcGF5cGFsLmNvbTAeFw0wNDAyMTMxMDEzMTVaFw0zNTAyMTMx MDEzMTVaMIGOMQswCQYDVQQGEwJVUzELMAkGA1UECBMCQ0ExFj AUBgNVBAcTDU1vdW50YWluIFZpZXcxFDASBgNVBAoTC1BheVBh bCBJbmMuMRMwEQYDVQQLFApsaXZlX2NlcnRzMREwDwYDVQQDFA hsaXZlX2FwaTEcMBoGCSqGSIb3DQEJARYNcmVAcGF5cGFsLmNv bTCBnzANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOBjQAwgYkCgYEAwUdO3fxEzE tcnI7ZKZL412XvZPugoni7i7D7prCe0AtaHTc97CYgm7NsAtJy xNLixmhLV8pyIEaiHXWAh8fPKW+R017+EmXrr9EaquPmsVvTyw AAE1PMNOKqo2kl4Gxiz9zZqIajOm1fZGWcGS0f5JQ2kBqNbvbg 2/Za+GJ/qwUCAwEAAaOB7jCB6zAdBgNVHQ4EFgQUlp98u8ZvF71ZP1LXCh vsENZklGswgbsGA1UdIwSBszCBsIAUlp98u8ZvF71ZP1LXChvs ENZklGuhgZSkgZEwgY4xCzAJBgNVBAYTAlVTMQswCQYDVQQIEw JDQTEWMBQGA1UEBxMNTW91bnRhaW4gVmlldzEUMBIGA1UEChML UGF5UGFsIEluYy4xEzARBgNVBAsUCmxpdmVfY2VydHMxETAPBg NVBAMUCGxpdmVfYXBpMRwwGgYJKoZIhvcNAQkBFg1yZUBwYXlw YWwuY29tggEAMAwGA1UdEwQFMAMBAf8wDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEFBQ ADgYEAgV86VpqAWuXvX6Oro4qJ1tYVIT5DgWpE692Ag422H7yR Ir/9j/iKG4Thia/Oflx4TdL+IFJBAyPK9v6zZNZtBgPBynXb048hsP16l2vi0k5Q2 JKiPDsEfBhGI+HnxLXEaUWAcVfCsQFvd2A1sxRr67ip5y2wwBe lUecP3AjJ+YcxggGaMIIBlgIBATCBlDCBjjELMAkGA1UEBhMCV VMxCzAJBgNVBAgTAkNBMRYwFAYDVQQHEw1Nb3VudGFpbiBWaWV 3MRQwEgYDVQQKEwtQYXlQYWwgSW5jLjETMBEGA1UECxQKbGl2Z V9jZXJ0czERMA8GA1UEAxQIbGl2ZV9hcGkxHDAaBgkqhkiG9w0 BCQEWDXJlQHBheXBhbC5jb20CAQAwCQYFKw4DAhoFAKBdMBgGC SqGSIb3DQEJAzELBgkqhkiG9w0BBwEwHAYJKoZIhvcNAQkFMQ8 XDTA0MTEyODE2MTgwN1owIwYJKoZIhvcNAQkEMRYEFGoAQ20C/xR9BJCISVxTLpytD3K7MA0GCSqGSIb3DQEBAQUABIGALFHbsJA/tvKfE6alhvv8vkOkhIEvrzW0djI7nFKs7eRKVQ6Yv6qZY4epgi j7FBjy23UkkO4vBHSeDLLvc2/Z6+VsuKNbzWQ81cqk4/wBkd42UueY0+fsHIlBlpM/jP/XvrBsMqkYtmRD1b6JcgAKxHFjxd/CEz4nJ7wxBgi5ku0=-----END PKCS7-----"
    //
    ld.onLoad=function(success) {
    if(success) {
    trace("well, that worked.")
    } else {
    trace("paypal payment failed!");
    }
    }
    ld.sendAndLoad("https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr",ld,"POST");
    }

This piece of code is in an invisible button over the 'Make A Donation' .gif that's from the PayPal site.

Now, once tested this code doesn't indicate that there's a fault or problem, except when you attempt to execute it. It attempts to load (the hard drive spins), but then comes back and say's that there was an error loading the web site, https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr, and say's the 'trace' message, "paypal payment failed!".

If anyone can help me out it would be great, trying to get this portion on the web site by this weekend, because the company is sponsering a fund raiser called 'Santa Paws' for local pet shelters, etc. So any help is greatly apprecaited, and much thanks in advance!!
    -Kevin Taylor
    Flash MX Web Designer

www.torn-silence.com
    "Silence Must Be Heard!"

<shows the cute kitty look, from Puss in Boots, Shrek 2>

Please?! =)
    -Kevin Taylor
    Flash MX Web Designer

www.torn-silence.com
    "Silence Must Be Heard!"