dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ISO autorun tools for Macs

ISO autorun tools for Macs

I am producing a number of interactive 1st contact CD's and am sick of dealing with the Mac autorun issue. Is there any downloadable applications that can make a Flash CD presentation autorun on a Mac?
    "Remember, where ever you go there you are!"

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

OS X has put a block on autorun CD's . I personally hate autorun CD's.

As there are very few autorun cds for mac, people are used to not having something autorun on a mac. As a usability issue, I think you should accomodate for people like this (mac users).

Pc users get stuck with autoruns
    Mac users get the option to control what goes on

- From my POV... dont use autorun on mac
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.

Yes but you have to take into account the computer illiteracy of most upper level corporate officers. They like things they can just pop in and play. And since Mac users are the minority, good business dictates to cater to the majority. I just wanted it to work uniformly. I have been placing a projector with an autorun on the disk, as well as a swf that is named CLICKMETOSTART.

I guess I will just stick with that.
    "Remember, where ever you go there you are!"

Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

I think its good that you want to make your Cd Idiot proof, but from my own experience (and working with a boss, being my own boss, who phones me up to say he thinks our servers gone down becuase his emails not sending... for reasons that are: he didnt put in an To: address and though if he waited it would send by itself, and not have to click 'send') if you've got a "read me.txt" or "CD HELP.txt" you'll be fine. Patronising file names often annoy people, so an autorun can easily be just start.hqx or start.exe .... but that just from my own experience of having the worlds stupidest boss (i think).
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited, Imagination encircles the world.