dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: change look

change look

I know little to nothing about design and I want to change the look from an image from still to a 3d look like www.criminalclothing.com room look...how is that done...I have swift 3d but I use it to level my desk

actually i think that if you have the skills to do that... you wouldn't be in here asking for help...

basically it is a animation the made with Max 3d or any other 3d program and imported it to flash...

three words -- HARD AS F**K
    Cannot comprehend this site still exists

I thought so...I emailed them and other companies that build sites like that...look like something you would have to go to school to really get down

get yourself a 3d programme - go for one of the freebies like cinema 4d xl ( a good one for all levels)found on the front of 3d magazines and have a play - you never know - you could be a natural !
    and even if your not its a cool skill to learn

I tell you what I have...I got swift 3d and I had the demo for 3d studio max...what is the best way to learn how to build the rooms...

find tutorials on the net for how to use studio max so you can use it well then draw out you idea on paper so you can visualise the room easier, then model it up in studio max - then spend ages learning how to rig up the lighting and rendering to get the effect your after - most models you need to do there will no doubt be tutorials on how to build out there somewhere
    http://www.3dlinks.com
    is a good place to start looking

just had a quick look on google and there are over 8000 hits for "3d studio max tutorial"
    so there is a fair bit out there to explore
    Last edited by tayjax; 10-27-2004 at 12:05 PM.

but how long would it take to build a room like that...if it took like a month I would rather just pay some one and pump out more projects...that is something I don't have an eye for....doesn't help I can see colors well and I have light sensitive eyes

http://www.mr-cad.com/gallery.php
    these rooms are awsome..I know it take forever to do that if you or anyone on here know how to do this I would rather pay people on flashkit than do a shotty job myself

hey I purchased after effects...does that help or has nothing to do with this?

it definately takes time
    if thats an issue and your willing to pay then hunting out some designers here or generally on the net is probably the best way to go

thanks..do you know any good ones

bump