A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WebFeats v5 (final launch)

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar

WebFeats v5 (final launch)

Well, November 1 has come
    I had planned to launch back in August, but college apps got in the way.

Tell me what ya like, tell me what ya don't. I pretty much took v4 and expanded what people liked and fixed what they didn't, save for any complaints about "long transitions," since those complaints have no effect on me whatsoever

Make sure you watch the intro at least once! I think it turned out pretty well.
    And turn up your volume!

http://www.webfeatsdesign.com

BTW, if anyone has any submissions for the "User Submissions" part of the music menu, submit away!
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

love it. i think the splash page is bringing everything down.

intro is cool. what did you use? swish?

about the musics.. real cool. do you make them? i'm searching a good music appz, but can't find any. could you please tell me anyone you use/like.Ç

great job man

" flashkit - bigger worse flash community"

Great site bro. Nice transitions and music. Couple things to pick at.

1. Intro a little long for my taste to wait to load (DSL).

2. Music should stop when I visit your client's sites.

3. Make it easier to stop playing the music (I had to hunt for this).

Other than those three things, wonderful work. Good luck to you.
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"

3. Make it easier to stop playing the music (I had to hunt for this).

[/B]
    Ditto

My major complaint is that the transistions are to long. But, however I must say, they are some of the best and smoothest transitions I have ever seen.

Thanks guys!

Should I just stick a "music off" in the main sound window (where you choose your category?) ?
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

great site man, i really like the grungy imagery and super click animations and transitions.

i'm not sure about the intro as far as style goes...with a grungy site, the intro seems super clean, so the styles seem to clash a little bit. it's not a huge deal since they are seen separately, just something i was curious about.

also, the loader for the contact page you used on v4 of your site doesn't seem to fit in with the others, which are a little larger and more grungy (which i think are really cool).

yes i'm searching for stuff here, but that just means you've got an excellent site on your hands.
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

Point taken. The site DOES sort of have two styles... it doesn't really bother me, and even if it did changing it would be far too much work, but I definitely hear ya! A "grungy" intro wouldn't really work, I think... I've been considering replacing the v4 transition with something else, I'll wait and see what people say.

Also, NEW MUCH FASTER HOST! Temp address =
    http://67.15.48.37/~bhantoot/ (DNS should update soon, maybe tomorrow, so don't use that link after a day or two).
    Be Happy.

ZOOM ZOOM FLASH FLASH ZOOM ZOOM FLASH FLASH BOOM!!!

i like it ... and thats about it

one thing I came across, when I refreshed your site, and watched the intro(again) it loaded the main site and got stuck on 100%, maybe its just me...

and 1986!!! youre only an year older than me... and you started in 2000... when you were 14???... you scare me
    http://www.kaushaldesilva.com/

sheet! That site owns! Every once in a while there's a site posted here that's a major eye opener- I guess that time has come- this is awesome work!

I read the comments about the splash letting it down and when I saw the splash, I thought 'looks nice'... but when I saw the rest of it, apart from being blown away, I saw that it was indeed true.
    Music is excellent, so are the animations, effects and transitions: all smooth. No other comments. Excellent work!

All the best
    Last edited by ivanthem; 11-02-2004 at 03:30 AM.

Ivanthem -
    The original splash is http://www.webfeatsdesign.com/indexOLD.html , which I replaced with the more minimal, matching splash you see now.

Should I just dump the splash, or make a Flash splash, or... any suggestions?
    Be Happy.

[]D[][]V[][]D
    very well done.

A web developer or a useablilty expert would whine about it becuase of some obvious web accessibility issues (check 800x600, and those long transistions (ok fine)...
    - but any marketing agency would drool over your creative energy.

Good job. 8]

Yeah, I decided from the get-go to forget 800x600 users -- my web stats say about 5% of my viewers run it, and I'm willing to sacrifice that for more space.

The DNS resolved, by the way, which is most excellent!
    Be Happy.

To be honest, splash pages aren't really that necessary anymore IMO, you can just get a javascript to detect whether flash is installed on the computer. It can be included in the HTML of the page with the Flash elements. If Flash is found, it keeps loading the page. If not, it takes the user to another page where you can have a notification or something. Your site has quite a few animations for the visitor to view before they enter the actual site; I'd say you don't really need the splash page unless your site comes in different versions or something and you want the visitor to be able to choose.
    Last edited by ivanthem; 11-04-2004 at 04:50 AM.

really well done animation. some of it went on too long but i didn't mind cause it was cool. congratulations
    www.Southshoregraphics.com
    Web Design > Flash > Logos > Vector
    Amazing Web Hosting

Hey, folks -- the minimal alternate version is now online. Like it?
    Be Happy.

looks really good, i like it a lot. straight and to the point can be quite nice sometimes.

not too crazy about the background colors and the homepage's red...not the best match, IMO, but it really doesn't take away from the experience.

and as always, super smooth animations. what framerate do you use?
    it's all in the details
    conrad-design.com

Neat stuff WebFeats! I like the way you make use of the Ease In/Out feature . One thing though, in your folio section - on clicking ETC - there's a button active on the thumbnail module, which does not function. Maybe you should deactivate the button? Also I had some problems loading the interface after completion of the intro sequence....
    P3RPL3XITY.COM - Inspiration leads to Creativity!

SLEEKBANNERS - Bringing The Limelight To You!

Loads of energy there.

Liked the intro movie. Very fresh use of the same old text effects we've all seen before. They looked new to me.

Only problem I found was when I clicked on one of your projects:

Not Found
    The requested URL /wf5/undefined was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.webfeatsdesign.com Port 80

Thanks! Fixed.
    Be Happy.