A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: WebFeatsDesign.com - He does it again

OW! Eye cramp! EYE CRAMP!

Did the site really keep changing color? Or did those mushrooms I ate on Saturday finally start working?

Sweet work, though. Thumbs up!
    Check out this week's version of my portfolio site!
    http://www.VMAXStudios.com

Wow excellent work! Love the "Costes" track!

Freak, I have alot of respect for you, everything in your portfolio is top notch.

I did notice however that you have managed to blatently work your logo into the design of every site in your portfolio

clever

keep up the good work!!

Life moves at 63 fps. mr. freak's Avatar
    New enter page, now in Flash, online.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

some of the loops you use are from flashkit. but you give no credit to the creator.. hmmmm

endless possibilities MadDog 555's Avatar
    what if some people do not have flash? will it direct them to macromedias download page?

austin condiff

endless possibilities

Probably -- but IIRC Macromedia's stats say 99% of 'net users have the Flash player. If someone doesn't even have a Flash player, he/she's probably not very interested in my site anyway, hehe.
    Be Happy.
    WebFeats v5 { webfeatsdesign.com } \\\ ITA Judge { internettinyawards.com } \\\ My band! { modusoperandiband.com }

great work, but portfolio links should open in new window
    Thanks
    Baljit Singh Grewal
    Click here to email me
    Messengers: baljit@bsgrewal.com

Yeah, there's a bug in the minimal version -- I'll fix it soon.
    Be Happy.

endless possibilities MadDog 555's Avatar

how did you do it?

hey mr. freak, your website is amazing! how the crud do you get it to run as fast as it does. you have a ton of animations a big memory sucking image in the bg and it STILL runs fast. i know you have to use levels to reduce file sizes. im designing my own flash site (it looks a little corny but im just in the beginning stages of making it) and its slow as christmas. whats up with that? heres the link to my website: http://www.koathletics.com/infinitysquared.html. what is your suggestion on making it run fast like webfeats does???

thanx alot
    austin
    Last edited by MadDog 555; 01-11-2005 at 07:53 PM.

endless possibilities

Mad Dog -

Well, your website is set to fill the window and scale to it, meaning that anyone running a higher resolution will get lower performance. Try a fixed size. I also think your heavy use of transparent gradients may be the culprit, as is the huge transparent glow on your logo. Try toning those down and see if things improve!
    Be Happy.

victory is mine!

pimptastic

well done, mr. freak. i like your style...and the way you handle the criticisms of some of the jerks on the forums.

I recognize some apple soundtrack usage in your audio. what else do you use to compose...like the cinematic peices at the beginning?

again...great work!
    i think i think too much, i think.

one doubt.. is this webfeats "company" a one man army or a group of people, coz i constantly see the word "us".. pls clarify
    "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

I can appreciate the amount of work, time and effort that has gone into this so hats off, well done.

But to me this is eye candy for designers, your average joe bloggs is practical with internet usage, they just want the requested info there and then - not sit there for 10-15 seconds watching the transitions.

I enjoy rubbing a few minutes off the clock watching a bit of flash wizardry but to be honest the majority of sites i browse are mostly html text based beasts, but the info and content is accessible quick and nasty - and to be honest i dont even care for the design because it's the content i seek - (content is king, discuss?!).

That's why it's been a breath of fresh air to see flash sites developed with usability and practicality in mind - ie. fantasy interfaces ford/roadrunner.

They harness the power and flexibility of flash but give it the usability and intuition of html. Jakob eat ur heart out.

Anyways that's my tuppence worth after a few beers and a great result for liverpool against juventus - and remember people, relax it's just the internet
    Ian

Be Happy.

you dint answer my question.. is webfeats a one man army??? if so why are you using "us" in the site????
    "I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." - Albert Einstein

Originally posted by tariqrauf
    you dint answer my question.. is webfeats a one man army??? if so why are you using "us" in the site????
    Look around reply #37 -
    http://www.kirupa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28044
    Be Happy.

if you could've taken the pain to go and check the reply number, you could've done a bit extra to just copy and paste ..

anyway, "us" just makes the 'company' look big, but when the customer makes an order and finds out tat its only one .. 1.. O N E person, its seems small, so a customer orders with certain stuff and expectations in mind.. but when he does not get that.. its sort of paying for getting 'lesser than expected'

To the client it shouldnt matter if the quality of the work is as good as he expected. If it DOES matter to him even though the quality is upto par, then its the client's stupidity - not the designer's.

Zak.

i cant believe some of you have wasted 7 pages on this thread throwing rocks at this guys website.

i use the word "we" and "us" on my website too and its just me. the client should care less as long as their needs get met. i use the word "we" on my site because i know that if i get in a crunch then i will outsource some of the project to other designers/muscians. if a company would rather pay for a design studio that puts out mediocore work rather than just one good designer than thats their loss.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio