A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 130 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Political discussion in here please!

Political discussion in here please!

Ladies and Gents, the lounge is over run with political threads, rather than just closing them all, can you lot please discuss things related to the American election, good and bad in this thread alone.

Flashkit is an international place and many members don't give a rats arse who gets elected where.

So please keep it to this thread

Oh, and no Trolling!
    Last edited by Markp.com; 10-29-2004 at 09:57 PM.

Their post will be removed and they will probably be banned
    Last edited by Markp.com; 10-30-2004 at 12:02 AM.

LOL..........As you know I'm impartial to political views...

Tony

this thread is a HIT!

lol. what's going on with my posts?!

bah... I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 yesterday and the beginning really grasped my atention.... He wasn't even fairly elected??? (Bush)

other then that... I couldn't care less

Cannot comprehend this site still exists

Señor member
    Originally posted by iForgotMyPassword
    bah... I watched Fahrenheit 9/11 yesterday and the beginning really grasped my atention.... He wasn't even fairly elected??? (Bush)

other then that... I couldn't care less

you didn't already know that?!
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

The CROW!!!
    i'm sorry to say, but most of the worlds uranium, and plutonium is mined in australia. so is most of the worlds coal. australia goes down, the rest of the world goes down.
    I Haunt the Shadows...I stalk the blackness of night... I am...
    THE CROW!!!

The CROW!!!
    don't you see, the mojority of the worlds electricity is generated by the burning of coal. If Australia stops exporting for what ever reason, then the worlds electricity production would be more than quatered. Plus, thered be a significant drop in powerstation related air-pollution, but thats about the only positive side to it.
    So, i reckon most people could understand that pissing off australia would be a bad thing, and i reckon sending them aid (which they don't need) would just piss them off.
    Oh, and australia doesn't need to help buy people nukes, because they can simply cut off the vast majority of supply for the warhead material, so no one would be able to buy them. Australia is the over-looked linch-pin, and they are happy where they are. (well, for the moment anyway).
    THE CROW!!!

Originally posted by The_lone1
    i'm sorry to say, but most of the worlds uranium, and plutonium is mined in australia. so is most of the worlds coal. australia goes down, the rest of the world goes down.
    I don't know about Uranium and Plutonium, but the U.S. and the former Soviet Union account for nearly half of the worlds coal reserves (with around 25 percent each).

Australia accounts for 8 percent. That's hardly "most of the world's coal".

They do export the most coal, but 60 percent of the exports go to one country - Japan. They also rely heavily on foreign direct investment, as the 4 biggest coal companies down under, 2 are owned by the British and one is owned by Switzerland.

The CROW!!!
    after a couple of years of lack of uranium export, i would bet aremica would be starting to dismantle there nukes, finding a way to downgrade the unranium and plutonium, and stick it in the reactors.
    THE CROW!!!

sheesh. i don't get it. why are we picking on Australia now?

The CROW!!!
    because shadowking must have somehow known both my parents are australian, and decided (whether conciously or not) to anger me indirectly.
    THE CROW!!!

I think shadowking has forgotten that Australia is on his side....and has been for the last 100 or so years.....but, to hell with his views on us here in Australia.... I coundn't care less.....maybe we should just give him the good ol' Aussie salute...

Tony

Amazing, a thread devoted solely to the bickering on US politics gets hijacked into a thread about Aussie coal production.

You people never cease to amaze me

Originally posted by shadowking
    After all the posts on this entire board filled with opinions comdemming
    America u can't stand one post with any negativity? Those are facts. That particular text was targeted at one close-minded individual. Not u Tony. But u go ahead with the salute, cause i can take it as well as dish it out.

And sorry crow, i don't have a crystal ball.
    Ah, dont worry mate, I'm not against you....just thought you were dissin us down under, you know us Aussies can argue with others and still have a drink afterwards........

To epitomise our nations Tuesday 2nd of November:

US has a public holiday to vote:

Australia (Victoria) has a public holiday to gamble on the biggest horserace of the year...the Melbourne Cup

I reckon that just about sums up our two countries ......

Tony

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    .... foreigners, u don't know real America.

...phew, lucky. I thought it was all Disneyland, country & western music, crime shows and televised religion.

I personally don't care how big (or little) Australia's economy is compared to the US...I am not into "mine is bigger than yours" games.

Were you trying to make some particular point with that rant above?

Everything, everywhere is small compared to the US. Big is not automatically beautiful, it's just big.

I feel sorry for the families of those killed in Iraq, but I am not sure why you expect anything different than soldiers being killed in an invasion.

davidp.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

The CROW!!!
    I would laugh imensly if nader got voted in.
    THE CROW!!!

Originally posted by XU1
    US has a public holiday to vote
    We do? would you mind telling my bosses and school, 'cause I wouldn't mind the day off.

What does 'Trolling' mean?
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

i would tell the countries to go home. The terrorist really want American blood, why make the others suffer too. After the operations in Falluja they will be 5000 less.
    While it's a disgusting practice, these beheadings are actually brilliant strategy for the terrorists. Doesn't take many resources to pull off, yet it acheives the desired effect. It worked for them re: the Philippines, who immediatly gave in to the demands and withdrew their troops. They probably think this will be a domino effect if they kidnap enough civilians from various countries.

They round up innocent aid workers from other countries and chop their heads off to get the world pissed at the U.S. It appears to be working quite well for them at the moment.